Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone attempted this? Just looking for some advice as to the best location to install them. Will be disbaling the stock speakers completly.

Is there a way to make them fit in the spaces the stock speakers are currently in? any fitting adapters or anything I should try and get hold of?

Cheers for any tips and excuse my cluelessness. Never tried any ICE install before so should be interesting :p

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
Rich, not too difficult in the back shelf although fiddly to get to - I replaced the standard speakers on my GTT within about an hour. I believe you can get adapters although as long as you are brave, cutting the rear shelf speakers is not that difficult and there is certainly the space.

You have to remove the back seats and from memory they are secured with a 100m bolt either side on the bottom cushion and then either side of the back.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had another idea - with the front door speakers, open the actual door up and remove the existing speaker but leave the speaker grill on the front. then attach (no more nails/screws) the 6x9's to the inside of that grill?

Should work I think, might involve a bit of butchery but only on the inside of the door. Will have a look when I open the door up I guess ;P

1 - 3 of 3 Posts