Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
As for a more comical response, i'm sure someone, somewhere is thinking "yeah, these planes have flown for decades and NOW they're freezing... So much for global warming!"

·
Shake and Bake !!
491 Posts
I assume when its REALLY cold it gets colder than -50, after all its -30 or something stupid in summer at 30,000 feet, so in order for the fuel to freeze it must get even colder than that, unless of course this is plane crash roulette and they only discovered its all just luck they dont all fall out the sky !

·
Registered
36 Posts
i wouldnt worry, if the fuel is freezing its most likely the fuel supplier that is the problem and not the aircraft. the fuel should have fsii (fuel system ice inhibiter) mixed in.

·
Registered
4,921 Posts
big freeze

why then did the fuel not freeze at -50 at cruising altitude,but lower level higher temps coming into land ?

T

·
0 Posts
they have established that the cause is fuel freezing and not reaching the engines.....
Id have thought the fuel cells in the wings would be de pressurised to so that the the fuel remains at a certain temp. Although this theory would be shot given the -30 degree temp up there.

TC

1 - 11 of 11 Posts