Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, everybody,

I live in Montreal, Canada and one my dream car have always been the Skyline from the first time I saw and heard about that car. It's a car that I love, it's look nice and it's perform very well. But my deception at that time was really bad cause Nissan wasn't making any for the canada, then I heard people importing them in the USA soo I tought it would have been possible for the Canada but it's still not. Our low doesn't allow it, so my deceptions was even worse.

I was sure there was no way I would even get that car unless I go work and live in another country. Soo I was putting money accross to build a kit car. I was thinking of getting a Attack kit.
www.attackforums.com -> www.k1-styling.sk

but I recently got info that in Canada cars that have 15+ years old don't need to pass any inspections others then a test to see if the car is not dangerous on the road, suspension, tires etc....
That's mean a 89 R32 would be legal next year in canada (2004 - 15 = 89). That was like a :eek: for me !

I still think that the R33 is the best skyline ever mades for the look and performance it's give. but I dumb that I would wait to 2008 for one. and I would love soo much to own a R32 ! :D ! A real skyline GTR ! :D !

But I don't know that much about the R32 soo I need more information and more pictures of that car. I never seen a real one in my life but I saw some pictures of the outside of the car. But I don't know what the interior look like.

soo if you have any pictures of the interior etc... of that car it would be nice. Is it a 2 seater or 2+2 ? I think it's a 4 seats but not sure.

Also the engine is the Rb26Det ? How does it perform ?
what does that car look like on a track and 1/4 ! What I saw on track is pretty nice review, people loved how the car was reacting.

I still need to search for more information at the SAAQ to see if it would really be legal but now it's going well ! :D !

thank you for all the information and help you could provide to me ! and Hello to all you skylines owners or skylines fans ! ;) !

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Hi mate!

Its a 4 seater, 2 door saloon.

RB26DETT is a beast of an engine. To many, the R32 is the 'Purest', but its down to personal choice. It lighter than the other two, and a bit more basic. Still got that lurvely engine, HICAS (4 wheel steering), ABS etc...

Not sure of official 1/4 mile times for a standard car, they are pretty heavy... Sure the BHP on a stock engine is around 300, despite the japanese manufacturers gentlemans agreement on 280 as a limit.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Well I have to say I like the attack...........wonder if you could squeeze a RB26DETT in there...........the car only weights 850kgs...
That would fly..............mmmmmmm

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
NismoUk said:
Well I have to say I like the attack...........wonder if you could squeeze a RB26DETT in there...........the car only weights 850kgs...
That would fly..............mmmmmmm
yeah it's a nice car but the skyline is a Dream. Only thing the skyline doesn't have it's not a convertible.
But may be you could do a T-Top without damaging the frame :rolleyes: with the sky ? :p

man you have a R32, not a GTR it's a GTS but still can you provide me some pictures of the inside and outside of your ride ? has much has you can ?

may be you can send it to me via email or something ?

thanx

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
anybody got any other information for me and pictures !

please ! :( ! I need my drug addiction each day ! :D ! I need to see new pictures hehe ! :D !

and I need if possible interior pictures !:( and information.

·
Administrator
4,233 Posts
try our gallery. I'm sure theres some pictures in there.

Just click the link at the top ;)

Welcome

Martin

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thank you for all the information !

special thanx to polarbearit for the auction page ! really nice ! :| !
I can see that in the Uk there is a law about the 15+ years old ! just like here !
Canada is still a part of the England :rolleyes: might be the reason lol :D

Ì got to see some nice modded cars and pictures of the back seats, nice ! thank you !

thank you all the others too for your help ! if you have other don't be shy to post them ! thank you !

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
anybody who own or know, do you have 1/4 times stock or modified (specify) ?

Does the stock brakes, clutch and wheels/tires should be changed ? I know thise car is pretty good on the track, it have won many awards in the past from the time it was gone in production. But I am still wondering.

Thank you guys and girls(if any) ! :D

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Like anything on wheels, it will go on track, but better with some relevant bits - ie uprated suspension and handling parts, decent tyres etc.

I know an R32 GTST will run around 14 secs, cos I've done it, but that was with 1 and a bit second reaction time.

GTRs are, obviously, quicker.

Rules in the UK are kinda different. Pre 1993 doesn't need a Cat to pass an MOT (yearly test to make sure its roadworthy), and pre sometime around then doesn't need SVA (government approval) either - you just trundle up and register it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts