Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question...

I've seen some 17 inch wheels I quite like, they're 9j and the offset is 38 - would there be any issues with popping them on an r33gtst??
Any advice welcome.

·
Seasoned Member
21,588 Posts
PaulK said:
Quick question...

I've seen some 17 inch wheels I quite like, they're 9j and the offset is 38 - would there be any issues with popping them on an r33gtst??
Any advice welcome.
my rears were a 9x18 with 255x35x18s wiv a 35 offset and had no problems, noy sure how much difference 38 offset is to a 35 here is a pic :cheers:

·
Registered
812 Posts
PaulK said:
Quick question...

Any advice welcome.
Are they 9s all round or just the rears? Might get tricky with 9s at the front on that offset.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
andyR33gtst said:
Are they 9s all round or just the rears? Might get tricky with 9s at the front on that offset.
That's what I was worrying about to be honest, I thought the fronts might be a problem, adding spacers is going to have them close to being outside the arch I would think.

·
Forum loiterer!
1,707 Posts
isnt Hi5 running 9 or 9.5 all round with 30 offset? if so they should go on

·
Registered
812 Posts
M1 Gts said:
isnt Hi5 running 9 or 9.5 all round with 30 offset? if so they should go on
Yeah I think he is, 30-35 seem to be OK but it looks like you need spacers for 38 offset on 9.5s so loosing half an inch will mean they fit on but it could get noisy when you try to do corners.

·
Registered
693 Posts
9j with a 38 offset is fine as it will stick inwards only 3mm compared to a 35mm offset. is it possable to do a trial fit?

i am running 18x9.5 all round with an et30 on my R32... this is fine but i have rolled the arches to accomadate (sp) them

EDIT: one last point you will need to be aware of the higher the offset you choose is the clearence with the rear hicas joint on the rear hub. on a 9j rim you should be fine upto ET40 before it becomes an issue.

are you in a possition to trial fit them as this will tell you for sure.

·
erm,when will I be cool?
1,202 Posts
Big Chief - I sighed when I saw your car - that looks stunning, then I remembered I have one.
Stuck in the garage - not used to not seeing it from the office window while I work.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts