Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Needs a self cleaning car
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nice people, sending me in surgery shots of the beastie. :)

Front

Rear

·
Seasoned member
4,785 Posts
now thats what i call brakes:eek: very tasty:drool:

·
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yup

Last dyno map run was a minimum 540 bhp & 450 ft/lb at the fly... (Then it ate it's gearbox with the assistance of a somewhat shite gear change.)

But it's having a V-Cam system added this time (plus a few other bits).

So dragging the ton and a half plus fat bastid driver to a standstill requires 355mm rotors all round.

·
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, chaps

...yr project is well and truely under way mate...
Under way!?! F*** me, with this trip I'm hoping it's going to be damn near completed! :D

After this, unless HKS come up with another trick mod as good as the V-Cam, it's as far as I am prepared to take a 2.6 lump, even if it is an N1.

·
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay, the St Bernard of Technical Wizardry cometh

The HKS V-Cam system gives the RB26 variable valve timing on the inlet side, a dedicated unit that replaces the inlet camshaft, patched into the F-Con Pro and with it's own oil feed. The unit I am having fitted in effect gives me variable cam between 248 degrees and 290 degrees, dynamically controlled by the engine management. In my set up, this is paired with the 270 degree, 10.25mm lift Tomei Procam outlet camshaft.

The end result is more available torque lower down, and some spooling gains. My horsepower may actually drop a bit, but as some RB26 installations have seen gains in excess of 40ft/lb, it's a worthwhile tradeoff. Potentially my GT-SS could be spooling from 1500rpm.

Note, all the above is my limited understanding from talking with experts. Figures are best case.

·
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1 - 11 of 11 Posts