Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
www.dtdirl.com
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I had my basically standard GTR out on track last friday. Ever since I was a kid I always wanted a standard nice clean GTR as I was addicted to gran turismo as a young lad and ive finally gotten my car to were I want it. Clean, standard and tidy. Its my 3rd skyline and I bought it back in 2009 from a nissan main dealer. It was one of three that nissan brought into the country. Everyone keeps telling me to lower it etc but I love it in its OEM form.

comments and suggestions welcome :dogpile:

·
www.dtdirl.com
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Get yourself on ebay mate I got a cheap one on there, theres plenty on there at good prices :)
Are they any use? I heard a few horror stories but just wanted to speak to someone first hand about it first! :)

·
Kyusha_Riot
2,475 Posts
Not fitted mine yet need to get some lines for it but I got a triumph stag one off ebay cost me £10 was second hand no leaks or anything an not really got any damage just light scratches of course but thats expected :)

Attachments

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
Cool pictures id be wary of ebay oil coolers normally cheap for a reason if its branded one or from reputable seller may be ok but some poor quality stuff on there as well

·
Seasoned Member
9,055 Posts
Nice pictures...... although anyone who knows anything about R33 GT-R's can tell you it's not standard ;)

Exhaust is aftermarket :)

·
www.dtdirl.com
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cheers lads!

Nice pictures...... although anyone who knows anything about R33 GT-R's can tell you it's not standard ;)

Exhaust is aftermarket :)
Ah I know it is but sure it came with that exhaust when I bought it from ken lawfords nissan and I did mention "basically standard" in my first sentence of the post:nutkick::dogpile:

·
Seasoned Member
9,055 Posts
How does it perform on track in standard trim? As I imagine there are quite a lot of people out there with GTR's that have had lots of money thrown at them on power and handling mods, but always wondered if they would actually handle better than the stock config?

·
www.dtdirl.com
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How does it perform on track in standard trim? As I imagine there are quite a lot of people out there with GTR's that have had lots of money thrown at them on power and handling mods, but always wondered if they would actually handle better than the stock config?
Really well actually, kinda leans in but has alot of grip. I usually have bridgestone potenza re050a's on it but once I put triangle talons on the back as I was stuck that day but it was really funny!!

check out the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uty__QFhZ14&feature=youtube_gdata_player

1 - 14 of 14 Posts