Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

New to the forum as a member but have been reading the knowledge you guys post on here daily and now I seek it for myself.

I have a '93 GTS which is all stock. Lately I've noticed a few problems I've been having which seem to happen only when it rains (could be mere coincidence though).

The other day, when I came to a stop, my car shuddered a but, but didn't stall out. Do you guys know why this could be. I imagine it could be any number of problems, but do you think it could be the fuel pump or fuel injectors as I feel it takes a long time to start. Sometimes the car cranks for 3 or 4 seconds before actually turning over and other times it turns over right away.

Secondly, when pulling away from a traffic light today, the transmission got stuck in 1st. It wouldn't shift out of it. Once again this happened in the rain. When I turned the car off and back on it drove home perfectly fine and normally the transmission shifts very smoothly. Could it be an electrical problem related to the "A/T Snow" switch in the center console?

I'm a poor student in a new area and was hoping anyone could give me some advice so that I don't get ripped off in the event that I take it to a mechanic.

Thank you guys for all your help.

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
hi mate, it sounds like from what you say you have an auto?

the shuddering as you come to a stop at low reves could be the AAC valve. Its a small piston type afair at the back of the big silver intake plenum. do a search on here regarding cleaning the aac with carb cleaner ..really easy as its only held on with three bolts and two elevtrical conectors.

as for getting stuck in 1st have you checked the gearbox fluid levels? there is a sceond diptstick for the gearbox just behind the aac. if the iol is low or burnt brown it needs changing. .....if it hasnt been changed id put some new stuff in there anyway ......again have alook on here for info on changing ATF in a auto box.

hope this helps....alternatively if youre inthe northeast near me pop over and ill help out

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Hesh,

Much obliged for the advice. I just bought the car about 4 weeks ago and as you can imagine, the issues had me pretty concerned. I'll look into the fluid levels and the AAC valve. Cheers!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts