Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just spent a couple of days finishing off a couple of bits in the engine bay, I thought you all might like a look!

Attachments

N

·
0 Posts
Thats proper Bo :cool:

on a note while this pic is up , on the plenum , there are 2 conectors one grey one brown , what are these for anyone ?

I only have one !!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think they are throttle position sensors. I have seen a couple of different set-ups on the R33

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Bloody hell, I'd be embarassed to open my bonnet... good lad it's sweet.

not sure if its cost effective for the weight saving though :D

Seriously, looks tasty

B

·
0 Posts
another quick question whilst the pic is up ..

at the risk of sounding completely and utterly stoopid what are those blue pipes leading to ?

coat and hat are on and taxi has been ordered :D

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
Brooksie, for some reason Isaac wanted me to recommend this link to you, Skyline Owners Forum > General Skyline Torque > General non-Skyline banter > Continuing the Saga of Squadron Leader & Pilot. Search button should help you find it.
Sorry for mild Hijack, (Ive done worse).

S

·
0 Posts
getting the plenum off is a pain in the a$$ - more so when you have a strut brace on like me that you don't remove first.

good job - what did you do with the timing belt cover - chrome it?

Simon

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
To polish the Plemum, Cam Covers and Turbo pipes I used wet and dry to start then a couple of polishing wheels I got from a local suppliers.
It has taken a couple of months on and off (a couple of hours here and there) to get everything to this stage.
I have had most of the parts off a couple of time as the salt on the roads plays havoc; I have now applied a thin coat of lacquer to keep everything in good order.
There are quite a few Chromed parts as well.
It took an afternoon of hard graft and sore knuckles to get the plenum of and on.
I must say a big thank you :cheers: to Mr Bell for loaning me a second Plenum without this I could never have done it.

Simon

Still More to be done I will keep you posted!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts