Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
1 of 225. 11th April 2010
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
been thinking about this a little bit. would a health and fitness section of the website be a good idea? the "owners fat club" generated a lot of interest, and there are various posts floating about asking about training and diet plans.
this section could host various peoples progress, exercise plans, hints, tips and advice. info on runs around the country, eg "spartan run" or "tough mudder"

thoughts?

over to you

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Skyline Spartan team sounds good!!

T

·
0 Posts
I like it, but the lounge is pretty wide. I suppose we can have it for trading techniques, supplement information, diet plans, training goals and regimes. It would be good if we also got Skylineowners.com gym sessions on the go to promote the club and a healthier lifestyle in general. It'll be a hell of morale and motivation booster.

You have my backing for one. But it is the Admins decision. :)

·
Registered
11,026 Posts
its a good idea. I did a thread a while back on sugar and consuming too much... I've barely touched sugar now in a year and despite scoffing all manner of food considered to be unhealthy have a low cholestrol count and strong heartbeat and blood sugar levels. Doc gave me an excellent bill of health :)

http://www.skylineowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=149028&highlight=sugar

my challenge was to get ppl to give up sugar for 4 weeks or more if they could and see how they feel internally. that means giving up sugary drinks, alcohol, cakes n sweets - anything that involved sugar. Sucks at first but then you realise how tasty and naturally sweet so much food is.

would this count?

T

·
0 Posts
Hello my name is Cat, and I've been off the "sugar" for 3 weeks now.....

Sorry wrong forum. :uhoh:

·
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
its a good idea. I did a thread a while back on sugar and consuming too much... I've barely touched sugar now in a year and despite scoffing all manner of food considered to be unhealthy have a low cholestrol count and strong heartbeat and blood sugar levels. Doc gave me an excellent bill of health :)

http://www.skylineowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=149028&highlight=sugar

my challenge was to get ppl to give up sugar for 4 weeks or more if they could and see how they feel internally. that means giving up sugary drinks, alcohol, cakes n sweets - anything that involved sugar. Sucks at first but then you realise how tasty and naturally sweet so much food is.

would this count?
this is what i'm talking about, a sensible section where people can suggest decent food plans, where people can ask questions, add progress and leave tips and advice.

·
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im a total gym nut count me IN on this section, also im in for spart run :) sign me up
i know you are, Lance, but we've yet to see the videos :p
it would be good if different users on this forum could follow the same training program and compare progress/results

T

·
0 Posts
Yup, I think get separate thread started which everyone can add to. It'll make things easier to follow.

·
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I like it, but the lounge is pretty wide. I suppose we can have it for trading techniques, supplement information, diet plans, training goals and regimes. It would be good if we also got Skylineowners.com gym sessions on the go to promote the club and a healthier lifestyle in general. It'll be a hell of morale and motivation booster.

You have my backing for one. But it is the Admins decision. :)
thats the basic idea. where people can trade techniques etc and having friendly competetion between owners would be a good crack

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
All in all a fine idea, I think a sub-section is needed not 1 thread, Ant's sugar thread is great, so a sub-section with informed honest threads like that is a dam fine idea.

·
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That's true

Would be good to have a fitness section
thanks for the positives. this forum has been really useful to me, and not just with the technical questions, but with loadsa stuff, so i figured i might be able to help other people out. i qualified as a PT and nutritional adviser in april, and i'm more than happy to share my knowledge with people if they need any support with fitness goals. just my way of giving something back

1 - 20 of 28 Posts