Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im think of getting a Skyline and I was wondering if ya'll had any insite about these cars like parts avalibility, In the US modifying etc. Im one who wants to get the most out of my car and I won't stop untill I get into the 10's at any costs. Are parts hard to come by in the states. How much is conversion costs etc. Thanks, Trey

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
Not really sure about the US market to be honest, but I think the main importer there is Motorex....I may be wrong on this though!

·
Administrator
4,233 Posts
At the moment, Motorex is the sole importer for skylines to the U.S. market.

http://www.motorex.net

As far as performance parts go, any of the performance outfits that can supply greddy, trust, blitz, apexi, HKS etc etc will be able to source bits for you through their normal channels. Similarly, for body kits.

Martin

N

·
0 Posts
so is the MOTOREX $20,000 fee ( variable )
ask them project civic !!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got a guy that says he can get me a 98 imported and up too US specs for about $30,000. Does that sound like a good deal or am I getting raped?

·
Administrator
4,233 Posts
it's a great deal if it's true! I find it hard to believe that the modifications could be made for that amount, considering the work required to convert to left-hand drive alone.

Get a break down off all the costs involved that add up to the $30k and look for anything obvious that is missing.

·
Banned
3,280 Posts
martin said:
I find it hard to believe that the modifications could be made for that amount, considering the work required to convert to left-hand drive alone.
From what I understand, the $20,000 - $25,000 that Motorex charge does NOT include conversion to left hand drive. :eek: :(

N

·
0 Posts
It dosent.
project civic MOTOREX are the only people in USA that can do the compliancing . Go and buy this car then see what happens!!
At the end of the day you will have to go to MOTROREX.
Or the CRUSHER worst case .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts