Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondered what peoples thoughts were, and the possibility of a new sub forum being added to the site:

When i was on the SupraMkiv forum they had a "spirited driving chronicles" which was basically all about the "fun" we used to get up to out and about - usually on a private track of course.

there were some great stories of match ups people had in their Supras....and the forum was always really busy.

Any good here? :)

·
Administrator
23,136 Posts
It's a definite no.

People will abuse it, not adhere to the rules etc and we know for a fact that the Police read this forum and we don't want the drivers of Skylines to be labeled as street racing chavs :)

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
GB, funny but on the mkivsupra forum two of the moderators are police officers themselves but that particular section does not cause any controversy. Are you suggesting that Skyline drivers are more chavvy than Supra drivers?

Everyone "races" once in a while, maybe at the lights, maybe on the motorway for a short distance or even on a track. Everyone's doing it but everyone is denying it, that's hypocrisy in my book.

·
Administrator
23,136 Posts
Doing it, not doing it, denying it - makes no difference. We aren't publishing it, end of.

T

·
0 Posts
Surely people will use their brains and decide whether or not to post up incriminating evidence. Although most of the posts would just be "weighing" they're balls on a public forum.

My 2p.

TC

·
Banned
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i know my original question has been answered so this is merely discussion now i guess....however on that forum it does make for good reading as for some of the cars that you have either won or lost against.

some big surprises on there too, and also a heads up to people in the local area if there is a little fiat uno running about with a 600bhp V8 lump in it embarassing everyone!! :laugh:

·
PR/Media Representative
3,183 Posts
Gentlemen, to reinforce what GB has already stated, let me draw your attention to the Club Focus written in Total Nissan, which was sanctioned by Big Chief, this is quoted from the article "Public relations and media is very important to us. Afterall, the last thing we want is to be associated with the idiot fringe that behaves badly and drives recklessly. Skylineowners.com works very hard to distance itself from any type of irresponsible behaviour. We promote the club to the public in a positve, friendly and helpful way" Isn't this what we support? Just my 2p.

·
Banned
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Gentlemen, to reinforce what GB has already stated, let me draw your attention to the Club Focus written in Total Nissan, which was sanctioned by Big Chief, this is quoted from the article "Public relations and media is very important to us. Afterall, the last thing we want is to be associated with the idiot fringe that behaves badly and drives recklessly. Skylineowners.com works very hard to distance itself from any type of irresponsible behaviour. We promote the club to the public in a positve, friendly and helpful way" Isn't this what we support? Just my 2p.
i do fully understand what your getting at but to actually think the majority of people who buy a race car like a skyline, then spend thousands making it faster are NOT going to have some fun in it is just not true!!!!! :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts