Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

I have proudly supported the forum since 2008 and have to say I have really enjoyed working with you all.

From drifting with Keith, to supporting shows and events with Balloo2u and Bruce_m, I have met some really amazing people.

Its been a very tough decision to make as the SOC forum was the first forum I ever joined, but A-Plan will no longer be trading on the forum.

I would like to say a massive hand on heart thank you to everyone who has called me for quotes, met me at shows and had a laugh with me, and for leaving such amazing feedback.

I wish all you guys and the forum the very best.

Dan
A-Plan

·
Super Moderator
8,994 Posts
All the best Dan,:bigthumb: shame you felt you had to go.

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Premium Member
4,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
All the best for the future Dan, hope it wasn't the forum that let you down.
Thank you.

Have to say I do owe a lot to the SOC as this was the forum that took my career at A-Plan down a different path.. Its all credit to you guys for making me so welcome and supporting us.

But most of all, I have had a lot of fun and made some great friends along the way.

Dan

·
Premium Member
4,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
all the best dan can i be cheeky and ask why your leaving soc
of course you can and its not cheeky at all.

Back in the day the SOC forum was the top forum and kept me busy.

Due to the likes of Facebook the forum has got very quite and we do not get enough calls to keep paying to sponsor the site.

Its actually been slow for a while but I stayed on as long as I could to support you guys hoping it might pick up again. As I said I have a massive soft spot for the SOC forum and really enjoyed working with you guys.

I posted a thread in the insurance section about japday and 2 people commented they were going with the other forum on the stand. I thought this was a shame as you guys had the most epic trade stands.

You guys really are a fantastic community and it would be great to get the spirit back.

Dan

·
Registered
592 Posts
as said dan you have done well for me & the mrs when we both had the skylines. i will come & see you guys at japday but as said i will be there with the redside with the stagea. all the best mate

·
Premium Member
4,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
as said dan you have done well for me & the mrs when we both had the skylines. i will come & see you guys at japday but as said i will be there with the redside with the stagea. all the best mate
We will have a competition to win some great prizes so pop over and enter :)

I have 7 shows booked this year but unfortunately I will not be at Japday, but my colleagues Paul and Lee will be there..

Its typical its on a weekend that I am busy as I always like to catch up with Bruce and you guys at the show.

Will try and get to Silverstone or santapod for a Jap show this year.

Dan

·
Premium Member
4,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
which shows you doing dan as we are only doing a few this year
Most of them are old man camping shows where I get to sit in a field full of campervans and drink cider :)

At the moment Japday is the only Jap car event we have booked but I will speak to balloo2u and Bruce_M as they always point me in the right direction. :)

Remember a few years ago I sponsored the Mizz Banzai tunnel run. That was a night and a half lol.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Mizz Banzai always put on a good a tunnel run
Now you get silly sods doing it at 7 pm to sit in traffic

So you leaving don't have nothing to do with the witch hunt recently ?

·
Premium Member
4,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Mizz Banzai always put on a good a tunnel run
Now you get silly sods doing it at 7 pm to sit in traffic

So you leaving don't have nothing to do with the witch hunt recently ?
Not at all. The Skyline owners forum gave me the knowledge and the ability to be able to deal with all types of clubs and forums. We recently set up a facebook page and the linking on to a lot more clubs and business is booming.

I am only one guy though and as the forums are my responsibility, I have to push on the forums that are bringing in the quotes.

To be honest I am very surprised ( and very grateful ) to the people who took the time to post in this thread. I almost kinda expected " and don't let the door him you on the way out ", but as always you guys have been amazing.

I know I am just a trader but I always joined in the banter and Keith loved to wind me up when he was in charge lol. I remember him changing my avatar to a REALLY BIG photo of a bald headed camp looking guy posing in bed. It was so funny and he kept it on there for ages.

Dan

·
Registered
928 Posts
sorry to see you go Dan.. you're always giving myself and Mrs V decent quotes so I'll still be on the blower every year.

Mind you, so far for the past 2 years you guys have contacted me first so that's possibly another reason that quotes don't come via the forum when the renewals team are too efficient..

All the best and hope we catch up again soon
Kev

·
Premium Member
4,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
sorry to see you go Dan.. you're always giving myself and Mrs V decent quotes so I'll still be on the blower every year.

Mind you, so far for the past 2 years you guys have contacted me first so that's possibly another reason that quotes don't come via the forum when the renewals team are too efficient..

All the best and hope we catch up again soon
Kev
Hello Kev,

Its been a pleasure helping you guys out :)

I do get a lot of you guys coming back with standard cars and new toys so I am sure we will speak again.

All the best

Dan

1 - 20 of 24 Posts