Skyline Owners Forum banner

181 - 200 of 210 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
dan is this offer still on? having problems getting insured am 24 with 3 years ncd and drive a 2.5 none turbo skyline cheers anth

·
Registered
19 Posts
im thinking of selling the car because of the insurance, everywhere i ring up they cant understand that its non turbo for some reason they only have gts-turbo on the computer and my cheapest quote has been just short of 2k!! im 25 with 3 years no claims

·
daveR33
8 Posts
republic of ireland insurance

hi. i just got back from being in australia for over 3 years.. really want to get my r33 on the road but it seems like it's become very hard to insure. i'm 34. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thanks everyone

·
Seasoned Member
4,424 Posts
hi. i just got back from being in australia for over 3 years.. really want to get my r33 on the road but it seems like it's become very hard to insure. i'm 34. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thanks everyone
Send me a private message with your contact details and I will call you and take some details.

All the best

Dan

·
Registered
14 Posts
[email protected]

just a wee thanks fella

Spoke with lee today regarding gtst r33 insurance after my trade policy decided to leave me stranded 60 miles from home with a call after a week of being insured to say , we can't cover the car , trade wise , excellent advice from lee and they really do take your personal circumstances into account , these are good guys to deal with and I'm also considering insuring my mobile tyre/fitting van with them .

Give them a bell and be upfront with mods etc and they will do u a cracking deal.

725 fully comp 38 4 years Ncb

Cheers lee

·
Registered
220 Posts
dan ive just got my r33 gts-t sorted but i have no no claims due to company cars is this offer still on and will need insurance in the next week or 2

·
Seasoned Member
4,424 Posts
Need a quotation for my skyline but do I need an ID number to get a discount and if so how do I get that?
Hello,

Please can you PM me a contact number and I will call you and take some details.

Just mention you are Stevo291 from the skyline owners forum and I will get you a good deal.

All the very best

Dan Cameron
A-Plan Schemes

·
Registered
2 Posts
I called I don't know who it was I spoke to but I got quoted 2.5k for a r33 gtst. 22 with 4 years no claims. Car history includes a 380bhp focus st. Tuned within an inch of its life. Didn't think going from a 2.5ltr turbo to another 2.5ltr turbo would be such a price hike

·
1,171 Posts
Yep being rwd and the fact there is a high percentage of skylines written off in the first few months of ownership makes them a high risk car.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I called I don't know who it was I spoke to but I got quoted 2.5k for a r33 gtst. 22 with 4 years no claims. Car history includes a 380bhp focus st. Tuned within an inch of its life. Didn't think going from a 2.5ltr turbo to another 2.5ltr turbo would be such a price hike
Did you ask to be put through to the thatcham schemes department & speak to Dan. It's only this department that can offer the special skyline owners club discount.

I can say I'm so very pleased with A Plan insurance & thank this forum for the deal I received.

·
Seasoned Member
755 Posts
Sadly with these cars you need to swallow the first years insurance.

I went from an Ibiza Fr, tuned to an inch if it's life also but still got silly quotes. Went with Admiral as they were the cheapest for a standard car. That was an R34GTT at 22

Now my insurance is down to around £800 with 6 years ncb + points (lesson learned after going court and keeping my licence) and im 26.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Hi Dan,

Is there a number I can call to get a quote now? I tried the number that is linked with your posts but it's not working. I am going to view a car and it's very long drive (almost 4hrs) so ideally if I do purchase it I'd like to be able to drive it away today if possible!

Thanks for your help.

·
Seasoned Member
4,424 Posts
Hi Dan,

Is there a number I can call to get a quote now? I tried the number that is linked with your posts but it's not working. I am going to view a car and it's very long drive (almost 4hrs) so ideally if I do purchase it I'd like to be able to drive it away today if possible!

Thanks for your help.
You can send me a PM with your number and I will call you.

If you want to call me the number is 01635 879910.

All the best

Dan
A-Plan Schemes
01635-879910

181 - 200 of 210 Posts