Skyline Owners Forum banner

A-plan Discount Insurance

78K views 212 replies 138 participants last post by  NasionPassion 
#1 ·
Ok, ive just spoken to A-PLAN at the thatcham branch 08450711234, When you speak to them they WILL sort out a discounted rate, YOU NEED TO QUOTE SKYLINEOWNERS.COM AT THE VERY START OF YOUR ENQUIRY TO GET YR DISCOUNT BEFORE YOU GIVE ANY DETAILS.....This is from lee at A-Plan as of 4th october 2007..

PLEASE READ THIS GUYS, ITS IMPORTANT TO MENTION YOUR MEMBER I,D, NUMBER AT THE START OF YOUR QUOTE TO RECIEVE THE DISCOUNTED RATE!!!!

In respect to what we are able to offer club

Breakdown Cover for £45.00 (normally £65.00) subject to vehicles being less than 16 years old - includes roadside assistance, nationwide recovery, home start & European breakdown cover (30 days).

10% discount on our standard rates.

Modifications covered on a like for like basis (where available)

As previously discussed it is essential at the time of quotation members state their membership number. These benefits apply to new quotations only as discounts are automatically carried forward for renewals.

In order to be able to offer competative quotes it is essential that the book of business performs well. Therefore we have to be selective as to the risks presented to us. In an ideal world the prefered profile is drivers over 25 years of age with good experience driving performance cars, which are kept off the road (garaged if poss) who have earned no claims bonus available and have been claim/conviction free for over 2 years. This is by no means a minimum requirement but we cannot promise to be the most competitive outside these criteria (or even if they are met). However we promise to offer the very best rate we can on all occassions. Drivers between 21 & 25 will be considered if they are good risks however our insurer's may only offer third party fire & theft cover and may decline to quote altogether. We want to support the true enthusiast as opposed to people hoping to gain cheap insurance.

Lee at A-PLAN

if you use this link make sure in the COMMENTS SECTION YOU PUT IN YOUR MEMBERSHIP I,D NUMBER....

http://www.a-plan.co.uk/motor/grey-import-insurance-quote.php?int=0

See less See more
#3 ·
I think that's my next move. I was quite happy with Liverpool Victoria (Frizells) at £400, until I told them about a few mods. They had quoted me for a bog standard GTS T, until I mentioned the 18" alloys (plus £100) and the A'pexi intake (plus £200) - total £703! The chap had the nerve to tell me that they didn't like boy racers - I'm a 56 year old civil servant, for Chrissake.

#4 ·
so mate will it work even if you are already insured with them? took out policy cupla weeks ago? :boogy:

#9 ·
I've been on to A Plan; very sensible about basic mods. As a result, my silly quote from Liverpool Victoria at £703 now down to £450. They even acknowledged the forum discount - thanks for that Big Chief!
yr welcome rob, anything i can do to save us money ill do mate, and ive got more things in mind to improve our forum for our members and traders, my theory is ill help you guys to save as much money as possible, :cheers:

#12 ·
Thanks for the info BIGCHIEF, my insurance is already with aplan and my renewal letter has just come through,i remembered reading this thread so i thought i would give them a bell ,it has to be said that they are a great bunch of people to deal with and unlike other companys phone you back when they say the will,also they have come up with a really good renewal deal.

thanks again BIGCHIEF,

If you haven`t got insurance with aplan do yourself a faver and give them a call.

#14 ·
a plan

My renewal quote camr through two days ago, i will give them a ring tommorow and quote the skylineowners.com and see what they can do. I assure you what with car tax this month, service end of may i need all the discount i can get!
Has anyone else got discount after they got a renewal already through?

#17 ·
How?

When i rang A-plan they quoted me £986 f/comp on a standard r33 gtr an i had to be garaged have cat 1alarm & immob,tracker fitted and i had to have certs to prove,cars worth 11k is it me or do i live in a dodgy area(wigan) im 28 with 6 points for speeding ( f****n north wales police)but they come off in dec 07 does anyone else in my area av this problem?

#20 ·
YAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cheap insurance deals, i know i know, a little late on the up take!

I changed jobs in September last year, previously i was a area/manager of two restaurants, i paid i think 1300? now i am an electrician its gone up to almost 2000! why>!!?!

I'm going to give these guys a ring, wish me luck, im 25 next month with some no claims so i should stand a good chance!

Just added some new pics of my fancy new gauges, check them out they are sweet! ok the pics arent great but hey.

:dogpile:

#28 ·
hi everyone i just tryed a-plan, put a quote in yesterday, they phone me this morning wich was great as soon as i said it had an exhaust they couldnt help! what the prop? i 22 4 years nc had the car for 1 year an last year i paid just under 2000 i know silly of me! i luv um to much. can anyone help?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.