Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

i filled in the online form a few days ago and still havent received no quotes off this company. what are they like normally regarding getting back to you for quotes? do they take long?
I'm surprised that i havent received any quotes as most companies email you asap.

·
Just another brick in the wall
2,693 Posts
I did that as well as i was in a rush at the time and they never got back. Give em a call, they get back to you within the day.

·
The Cunning Linguist
13,826 Posts
a-plan

A plan are always helpful...and your the first person I have heard of who has been told that there is no discount for SOC.
I mentioned it after lots of haggleing, just before closing the deal, and they dropped of the price of the legal and 10%.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i rang them as no one rang me back and have been told that they cant quote me - they were talking about insurance for a van, then a impreza and finally they decided to ask me and i told them and was told that i didnt get a quote cos they couldnt insure me?
i have 10 yrs no claims bonus, no points on my license and the car would be garaged overnight, in a secure compound at work during the day and i would drive less than 5k miles a year?
wtf???
i was pretty peed off and had a go at the chap telling him he was talking utter rubbish and he is gonna call the thatcham office to ask why they havent called/quoted me.
i was not impressed by the service so far....

·
Just another brick in the wall
2,693 Posts
Always speek to thatcham direct. BOth times i've had quotes from them i've had to call them back there as very didnt called me. When i rang my local branch for a quote on my civic a year ago they were great and called back straight away. 10ncb you shouldn't have any problems unless you live in basra or something.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
finally, i have managed to get a quote after being asked the full set of questions again and being on hold for approx 6 mins....£773 fully comp.
is this right? i thought it was a bit high considering my age and no claims history.

·
Forum Thug
4,552 Posts
finally, i have managed to get a quote after being asked the full set of questions again and being on hold for approx 6 mins....£773 fully comp.
is this right? i thought it was a bit high considering my age and no claims history.
Hmmm they quoted me £605, 27yrs old, female, mods declared, and 5years ncb.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
they said it would come down once i have had the car for over 12 months, but surely that shouldnt make nay differrence. i live in a cv11 postcode, so this may make a difference.

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
Mine is £500 ;)

Make (considerably) less power than ^^^^^ though!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i asked them to quote me on my current motor which is a golf mk3 td with a few mods, intercooler and bodykit, nothing major and they said that i had to go back to a plan which i did and they said £434. my renewal quote from HIC was only £255! win some lose some...

·
Registered
165 Posts
had to chase them up a few times before they would help me and all i got was " cant do anything until you are 23":wtf:

oh well adrian flux it is with the best deal i have ever had

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hey everyone, not long got my first skyline and love it.... was worried about the insurance but A plan gave a great quote and cant complain about the service in any way..... good company from what iv seen so far

1 - 20 of 23 Posts