Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
www.spmcarclub.com
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just spent the last couple of hours talking to A-Plan and A-flux every modification listed

got two quote which are both very good

A-Plan £520.00
A-Flux £563.00

the differnce between the quotes is with adrain flux i get a gaurenteed value of 20k with picture eveidence and reciepts for work sent in on taking out the policy, a plan said if i crash my car or it gets stolen etc they take the import rate of the car now which for my car is 8k and they said max for my mods they would pay out 4k so total would be 10-12k payout on a car ive spent 25k on

i reckon Adrian flux win this one

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
It seems Flux are starting to get back into the competition.

For a few years they started giving too high a quotes to people and were always loosing out to A-Plan (if you were over 25)

·
4,143 Posts
i nver liked flux as they sting you all the time with stupid charges and lots of people have had problems with them!

·
www.spmcarclub.com
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A-Plan were very honest with what they would pay me out in the event of anything happening basicaly 8k for the car and no more than half its value for mods
and they did say that they would replace with nissan parts

but the adrian flux gaurenteed value is all cosha and above board, pics and reciepts to be kept on file so no hassle in event of a claim

·
proud owner of an RB26
314 Posts
do you know who Adrian Flux used for that quote? what sort of power are you running mate? I'm in the process of renewing my cover so interested to know..

·
Censored
7,453 Posts
i dont think i'd ever insure my car with flux, no matter what they promised me on the phone or even paper... as above, crazy admin charges, and from what i've heard (hearsay of course) they arent too great when it comes to a claim...

a-plan on the other hand, i'd take their quote to be more realistic.

Seriously, would you insure yourself for 560 quid with 25k agreed value on a high risk car? dont think i would.

·
www.spmcarclub.com
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
a-plan were honest they said the car would be insured to pay out no more than 12k even with every mod listed, they said they do not replace modified parts only standard no matter if there listed or not so if another company are offering me a gaurenteed value inc the mods on reciept of eveidence then for £40 difference in premium it sounds god to me. it was actualy A-plan that told me to call Adrain flux because of the value aspect of the car

niether company will offer a buy back though from the insurers in the event of anything happening you would need to go through the salvage yard.

i know the old saying when something sounds too good it usualy is but to be honest ive heard stuff about A-plan as well when it comes to settling claims as well.

Econ is with A-plan and the other day someone drove into the side of his car whilst he was trying to reverse park, they hit the passengers door trying to squeeze past on a single lane road and the door needs to be replaced, A-plan said it would settle 50/50 on what was blatently the other drivers fault. lucky for james the other driver has held his hands up otherwise it could of cost him £500 in excess

surely if everything is on record, every modification listed, pictures and reciepts on record etc there cant be much of an issue when it comes to a claim ?? i think id rather take a chance of getting 20k back on my car than know im only going to get 12k.

hi5 you say about admin charges, what can you get admin charges for ?? i can understand charges for making changes to your policy etc but what others would there be

R33 SKY i told them it was max 800bhp, hasnt had a power run yet so may be a little more may be less but i thought 800 would cover my back

·
Registered
571 Posts
I had lots of problems with adrian flux in the past , am now with a-plan thatchams, nobody could beat them!

·
Seasoned Member
21,588 Posts
i dont think i'd ever insure my car with flux, no matter what they promised me on the phone or even paper... as above, crazy admin charges, and from what i've heard (hearsay of course) they arent too great when it comes to a claim...

a-plan on the other hand, i'd take their quote to be more realistic.

Seriously, would you insure yourself for 560 quid with 25k agreed value on a high risk car? dont think i would.
i'd have to agree with adam here. if yr car got stolen or written off (i hope not) for the fee of £560 they would guarrantee a £25 grand payout? i cant believe it to be honest and the skyline is a high powered and high risk car, i hope im wrong on this, but with a-plan all the claims ive heard of always get sorted......:D

·
Registered
962 Posts
Does seem strange. Hope you got everything in writing.

I was quoted £450 from A-Plan completely stock 2.0 n/a. I phoned Adrian Flux and they said the couldn't even get close.

It seems everyone who calls gets a different story.

·
Registered
251 Posts
At the end of the day insurance is cut throat I would guess your mileage is limited with an agreed value.

It doesn't really matter what broker you use as they don't pay on any claims I would use Flux just for better price as long as good insurance company.

I have wel my dad has experienced a claim through a-plan for theft and the service was rubbish not from a-plan but the insurer i think cornhill we declared mods to car from start wheels etc and it took ages for them to pay any money for anything.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Adrian Flux are good for quotes etc........when I was involved in a claim - they were a nightmare, rude, unproffesional - basically they tried absolutely everything to try and get out of a claim - never again - clueless c**ts

·
Registered
222 Posts
I found Adrian Flux a complete waste of time approached them for a quote on a box standard r33 GTS-t automatic. they said they could not even provide insurance as I have not had enough experience in driving hi performance cars?? they said come back in a year after driving a impreza or evo what sort of comment is that
I am 33 and currently drive a Saab 9000CSE abbotised all right not a skyline but it is only 50bhp or so in difference between the 2 cars. I was riding a motox bike at the age of 14 with more than that.
bottom line Adrian Flux is real big letdown, probably would of got a better service from a fred the shed, or maybe they are fred.
to top it off i told the guy that it was ok as A-Plan had offered an excellent quote of £520 fully comp. BANG went his chin (I hope)

Plasma repairs.
PS it’s like being 19 again and trying to insure an XR3i

1 - 16 of 16 Posts