Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi i have just brought a clutch kit from a american company for $130 and the postage is $80 does any one know what custom tax ill have to pay? it is coming by ups exspress and i dont know how this tax is worked out and what to expect. do i pay ups at the door step? any help will be great.

·
Lick me - i'm chocolate!!
1,767 Posts
You should get an invoice. i got a clutch delivered from the states by Fed Ex.
invoice came about 2 weeks later. but this morning i got a letter from parcelfArce saying customs want £35.05 off me before they will deliver it. the duty for yours should'nt be more than £20?

·
Registered
56 Posts
cant remember. tax

as above i spent £90 +330 postage import tax from japan was £25 i recived the bill about 6 weeks after delivery. you may not even recive an import tax bill it depends on how its been posted i have bought about 20 items from foreign countries and only been charged import tax once.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
i think they just think of a number and times it by the day of the week..
(ive the same item imported with different charges on them) Theres a whole guideline on the web somewhere, every item is 'meant' to be charged depending on which catagory it comes under... and there are hundreds of catagories so it seems to rely on what ever the person dealing with it decides it is.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts