Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Join the queue.... Once mine arrives I might just be able to get you a UK sourced one at a sensible price if you ask nicely...

;)

PS BTW I heard from some guys dunnunda that you can experience a power loss if you run a screamer.... Some recommend to have both pipes feed into the zorst to maintain a stable backpressure...

I personally agree with sarky's thread and reckon thats bollocks.... Less backpressure=good in my short book with big letters and pictures...

·
Registered
469 Posts
Jock, not it's that simple. A lot of the evo tuners recon evo's run best with some back pressure.

I can't understand why though - ok, I can understand about exhaust scavenging and all that on non-turbo cars, but with the turbo in the way what difference is it going to make.

Might ask around see if I can get an explanation.

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
you will always get some backpressure its called atmosphere.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I would of thought that it wouldn't make a lot of difference and certainly not reduce performance as the screamer pipe is only in effect when the wastegate is open.
By then you are up to full boost and at this point there is more than enough back pressure created by the turbo etc.

Jez

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have been running a screamer pipe on and off a bit for the last year, primarly because I was seeing an increase in backpressure through the Apexi exhaust when boost was right up and due to a bit of turbo stalling when running a bigger exhaust wheel.

Off the cuff I would say acc. was up but it lost it at top end, we used it mostly for 1/4 mile. It was fun sounded menacing and I recon had the added benifit of blowing hot air into the path of any left hand lane cars :)

I ran the exit to just behind the N/S/F wheel at the side skirt, was fun but the neighbours hated it :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts