Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
2005/2006 SRWD #1
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A video to keep you amused - testing with the auto

This was shot at my local track in Sydney, Australia on the 7th of Feb this year.

The meeting was to test the new auto but I ended up driving like an amateur trying to watch too many things at once. :D

GOOD: Launching without wheel spin, how hard the 3-speed shifts, screamer pipe.

BAD: Slippery as hell converter, driving like a monkey! (As it turns out, the tacho/shiftlight wasn't reading properly. A problem since rectified so no more rev limit hits.)

The converter has been tightened and lowered since this meeting as it was slipping like a badly worn clutch for all three of these runs. Transbrake is now connected as well - the video only shows foot brake launches.

Anyway, I thought some of you might enjoy it in action. Will post more video of it with the gas on soon.

Video

Cheers,
Adrian

·
2005/2006 SRWD #1
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Too bad it is much slower than normal but you have to do these things with a new combo.

Cheers,
Adrian

·
Banned
1,919 Posts
Any changes to the engine Adrian???

Its hooking up real well , wish mine could

·
2005/2006 SRWD #1
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was leaving pretty slow in that footage - 1.70 - 1.78's to the 60.

I've finally retired the standard turbo and replaced it with a Garrett GT35, high-mount exhaust manifold, Nismo 740's, Autronic SM4, new gearbox etc.

I had to have a screamer pipe - sounds great (but ridiculously loud on the street) :D

Cheers,
Adrian

·
Banned
1,919 Posts
It was leaving pretty slow in that footage - 1.70 - 1.78's to the 60.

I've finally retired the standard turbo and replaced it with a Garrett GT35, high-mount exhaust manifold, Nismo 740's, Autronic SM4, new gearbox etc.

I had to have a screamer pipe - sounds great (but ridiculously loud on the street) :D

Cheers,
Adrian
1.7's i wish , my best 60' is 2.09 :(

·
2005/2006 SRWD #1
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1.62 was the best with the manual - hope to take another tenth off of that with the auto - then it goes on slicks and the transbrake comes on looking for 1.4's.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts