Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tearing my hair out here, Somebody help!

Here's the story...

Bought the car 2 months ago with no stereo so got a bog standard Pioneer CD player fitted to tide me over with some sounds.
Picked up an in-dash DVD/CD/MP3/VCD player and 7" LCD monitor a few days ago and fitted it today, fairly straightforward due to the pioneer unit's wiring loom and diagrams.... I just took the diagrams for it and the diagrams for the new system and cut/spliced the wires together.

Now, the end result is that I have a great sound/picture in the car when its on acc (on the ignition), but when I start her up or turn on the ignition I get little or no sound. The sound I do get is very broken/distorted, as if the speakers are shorted or the connections are not good enough.

Whats got me confused is that its fine when the engine is off.

Thought it may be the earth but tried various points with no success.

Power wiring is simple, just red, yellow, black. Black = Earth, Yellow = Battery (permanent +12V), Red = +12v accessory. Same as it was on the old stereo, and connected to the same wires, but I never had a pronlem with the old pioneer unit,

Anyone got any ideas, its driving me nuts!

:(

·
Registered
161 Posts
U tried swapping the red and yellow around as it will do no harm mate, what unit is that you have bought? I know u have more than likely tried it mate sorry, seen this one over on GTR BB and not so sure if interference would cause that much of a prob?

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorted

it today mate! Turns out it was interference from my Accessories switch wiring. Rewired both +12v feeds direct to battery with an independent dash mounted switch to stop the battery draining when the car is off. Hey presto, all is well!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts