Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
On the other side of the world in a 5.4ltr V8!
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeing as we are getting newbies in alot... how about setting the forum up to give descriptions of abbreviations when you hover over them? such as RLTC etc etc..

Its done on mkivsupra.net and really helped me when people started to talk in a random language!

·
Administrator
4,233 Posts
Do you mean abbreviation or acronym?

Seems like a pointless hack and resource hog to me. Someone would need to keep the list up to date, and then you assuming that everyone types it the same way i.e.

NIAB
N.I.A.B

I'd rather people just type what they mean or use a commonly recognised acronym. Just my thoughts but I'm open to democratic voting.

·
Yeah boyeeeeeeeee
6,604 Posts
I kinda think it's worthwhile finding out what it all means yourselves; gets people used to using the search function (yes, there really is a search function...) and you can learn all sorts of stuff due to the varied results.

Call it a 'right of passage' if you like, lol :D

·
On the other side of the world in a 5.4ltr V8!
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was thinking more along the lines of RLTC, BPU, FMIC, BOV.. etc etc etc just technical terms that are associated with tuning.

Is it called hyper texting or something like that?

I found it very useful when I was a newbie and the more senior members who really knew what they were talking about started talking in abbreviations... just have a pop over to mkiv to see what i mean.

·
Seasoned Member
773 Posts
I was thinking more along the lines of RLTC, BPU, FMIC, BOV.. etc etc etc just technical terms that are associated with tuning.

I've thought this for a while. It would be very handy, as I seem to keep coming across new ones.

HICAS, ATESSA, OEM etc
I know what they mean now, but I didn't when I was a noob.

·
Registered Insane
997 Posts
Google is my friend ;)

RLTC = Rickmansworth Lawn Tennis Club
BPU = Birmingham Political Union
FMIC = Fender Musical Instruments Corporation
BOV = Bank of Valletta

·
Registered
134 Posts
So what does NIAB mean?

Being one of the more senior generation (OLD), I do not understand many of these abbreviations. For me a list of these abbreviations may open up a whole new world!!!!!!!

·
New Zealand Area Rep
797 Posts
This is not a niab as it is a thread about abbreviations and im not sure if another of it has been made.

BUT a :niab: will be a thread which someone creates asking what :niab: means

1 - 19 of 19 Posts