Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Turned the car on the other day and both were on, have checked battery, fluids, earthing points, fluid lines etc
Have yet to check the wheel sensors as a cv boot went a while ago and left its internals all over the hub knuckle.
think that could be a probable cause? or wet control units in the boot?(boot is constantly damp)
I did bring the units in the house for a few hours, when I reattached them, the lights went out.. un till the next day.. would this suggest a dry solder possibly in them? or moisture?

Also when it corners it feels like the power steering goes from light to heavy as you corner, kinda making it feel like its wobbling, could this be related?

Could it be something like the transfer box being low on oil to cause both lights to come on simultaneously?

Any help please, im strugging here...

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have checked all of those, the g meter is fine, tps is good, attessa ecu is throwing no codes (which using the diagnostics pages would possibly indicate a wheel sensor with a short in the circuit)
Think Il check them all tomorrow, a cv boot split over one, thought it was clean, but probably wrong, so should probably check..

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok have checked and tested all the sensors and the loom on the car, all seems fine, would low oil pressures in the transfer box possibly be to blame?
Or possibly a duff battery? The electrics seem to work ok, but on idle, the power steering goes lumpy, windows appear slower, stereo wont play as loud etc.. Im thinking I need to replace it?
Failing that, the atessa unit may be broken.. anyone got one they want to part with? I really got to get this done... :(

·
Seasoned Member
7,044 Posts
Ok have checked and tested all the sensors and the loom on the car, all seems fine, would low oil pressures in the transfer box possibly be to blame?
Or possibly a duff battery? The electrics seem to work ok, but on idle, the power steering goes lumpy, windows appear slower, stereo wont play as loud etc.. Im thinking I need to replace it?
Failing that, the atessa unit may be broken.. anyone got one they want to part with? I really got to get this done... :(
have ask but do you still have hicas, or is it locked out?

and have you checked the atessa system has no air locks

·
Seasoned Member
7,044 Posts
I do still have hicas fitted yes.. no light on for that though, could there be a link?

I havnt checked for air locks yet no, that easy enough?
if the hicas was locked out it would make you steering a little bit heavyer (not much but noticable)

erm the way i bled the system on mine when i disconected it wasnt the safest way but worked.
put it on 4 post ramp sat in car and drove it in all the gears letting on and off the clutch whilst someone was underneath on the bleed nipples

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Any other ideas on this one chaps? think it has to be electrical as it all happened at once, what Is this link wire by the hicas of which you speak? my steering has gone strange too, fine if you turn it slowly, but if you try spinning the wheel fast, it gets heavier...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.