Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short I've just been given a ticket for "being on the phone" whilst driving.
In actual fact I'd finished a phone call about 30seconds ago and was turning off my bluetooth headset whilst my phone was in the cradle on the dash.
There were two officers in the car so is there any Point in trying to appeal it?

I obviously want to appeal it as I wasn't doing anything wrong but being self employed its time off work etc and with insurance these days it's goIng to kill me if I get extra points.

Any advice?

·
Registered
125 Posts
I feel your pain!!! Not sure it will go down well, your word against theres!
Unless you have access to your phone logs, showing that you where not on a call etc

But then, it still could be a grey area if your talking 30secs between being on a call and being pulled!

Its **** that they have handed you points, i was lucky and just got a fine!

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
If you know you are innocent then fight it, far too many people just accept fines and points even when they know they are in the right.

Out of the three times I have been prosecuted for speeding only one of the prosecutions stuck.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My hand was nowhere near my phone I was turning off my hands free. Just checked the call log and there's a 5min gap between me ending the call and the ticket being issued. Don't know how that'd hold up.
I've spoken to Lee at A plan and hes said 3 points won't make much of a difference to insurance.

·
Reborn!
2,028 Posts
I love how we get fined for touching a handheld device......what the feck is a radio that they constantly have their hands on????

Fight it all the way if you are innocent mate.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts