Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

hi,just wondered if anyone can help me with a problem i have when accelerating hard in my skyline,when i put my foot down it goes and then sort of starts hesitating or backing off???im new to the skyline scene so dont realy know much about them yet so would be very gratefull with any advice and help i can get off yous pro's...

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Coilpacks mate.... They sit on top of the sparkplugs under neath the rb25 cover on top of the engine.... Sounds like there fried..

The replacements are quite expensive but worth every penny :D alot cheaper that standard oem ones too..

Splitfire Super Direct Ignition System

·
bla
17,374 Posts
I was going to put the refurb thread up, but i tried it and it was only a temporary fix... Would be better to get the splitfires... :)

But here it is anyways :)
Coilpack Refurb

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks

thanks for all that,i will try new plugs and refurb coil pack if that dont work then ill buy a new coil pack,again thanks very much while im here by anychance do yas know what bhp my type m is?great info cheers :cheers:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
munsy

hi munsy thats exactly where mine is backing off about 4500 - 5500 rpm but it feels as if it wants to go if you know what i mean..

·
Dorset/Wilts Area Rep
8,231 Posts
4500 - 5500 rpm is when the second stage boost starts to kick in. The ECU then chucks in more fuel to compenstae however if the sparks isn't good/strong enough it starts to fail

·
Registered
334 Posts
What mods are on the car? Is it holding back with no power, then missfires or is it misfiring and pulling through?

·
Seasoned Member
2,904 Posts
mine has had exactly the same prob since i got it and have replaced the plugs
reset ecu etc to no avail
i have purchased some new splitfires should be here any day now
thats been the general idea of how to sort the fault
from a number of sources
will let you know how i get on mate

·
Registered
376 Posts
lads are right i had same prob splitfires from oilman running a treat now

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hey thanks to everyone for theire help,realy appreciated,ive tried new spark plugs and still hesitates so im gona make a brew and make a start on the coil packs,im hoping this will sort the problem as its doing my head in driving a skyline wich doesnt want to accelerate lol i will let yous all know if this sorts the problem...thanks again lads :cheers:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
done coilpacks and spark plugs..NO JOY?

just thought id let yas know that ive done both the spark plugs and coilpacks and it still hesitates after 5000rpm?i think it might be a fueling problem,what do yas think?maybe clean the injectors or upgrade to walbro fuel pump?cheers

1 - 20 of 25 Posts