Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After flattening my battery by knocking the fog light switch under the sterring wheel column when leaving the car, I had the AA out and im sure he disconnected the negative terminal to put his gadgets on it. Will this have reset my greddy profec b bost controller as when it started up again it started beeping furiously for about 5 seconds. If it has reset, how can i restore it to what it was before.

Also, when you start the car and engine when going somewhere, do you need to keep setting it, or does it remember the settings upon power on?

·
formerly known as mruk
3,942 Posts
you can't as far as i know. mine was reset and its going to cost me another 120 to retune it :(

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no it doesnt come on, on its own, its a switch under the steering column on the right hand side, hence me accidentally knocking it after racing out of the car with my indian takeaway :p
i just wondered as the cars running a bit ropey when pushed.
under hard acceleration in 3rd and 4th up to 5000 revs and 0.7bar as per the boost controllers setting it starts sounding like im revving it, its literally a fast revving sound and usually solved by changing gear. surely it shouldnt do this, should just stop boosting id have thought.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh :eek:
Well he knew the MOT guy so it passed everytime (has a decat pipe too)
how can i rectify this? does the switch at the moment run to a point that i can change somewhere? Im crap with automotive wiring :confused:

·
Administrator
25,964 Posts
Also, your fog light shouldnt come on on its own. It should only come on with your sidelights (MOT failure if it comes on on its own).
thats not true as in our book it says it has to work and have a light to show it on but doesnt say it fails if it works indepentantly of the lights.:cheers:

·
living the life
2,544 Posts
Well just wanted to say that my fog light only works if my lights are on . So
if I forget to switch my fog light off . The battery wont run down

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
so those are the regs....but fitment? I already know i'll have to move it as ive already knocked it once, but where the hell do i wire it in to?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts