Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks.
Been lurking and having a look around, but could do with some definitive help.

I'm currently driving an RX-8, but looking at getting shot in the new year, with the idea of purchasing a Skyline.

I'll have about £12k to play with, but have no idea what to get, or what that kinda money could get. R33, R34, GTS, GTR????

Advice?

Cheers
Al

·
Registered
726 Posts
Hey welcome if you have 12k to play with you should be able to get yourself a rather nice and special R33 GTR, these are the ones to go with rather than the gts, if you search around the forum you will find out why :)

·
Seasoned Member
21,588 Posts
Lexx said:
Hey folks.
Been lurking and having a look around, but could do with some definitive help.

I'm currently driving an RX-8, but looking at getting shot in the new year, with the idea of purchasing a Skyline.

I'll have about £12k to play with, but have no idea what to get, or what that kinda money could get. R33, R34, GTS, GTR????

Advice?

Cheers
Al
hi al welcome bruv, it depends on what you want out of skyline mate, if its just to keep in stock condition then a r33 gtr, if you wanna do a few mods say a spec 1 eg induction-exhaust etc then r33gtr, after that it gets expensive mate engine-power etc.
on a r33gts you can pick one up a fair bit cheaper and with the dough you save you can go a lot further on mods eg mine cost £5,500 for the car now it stands me in around £19,000. but ive gone mental on it and started to track it thats why its expensive. these cars get a grip on ya and you end up wanting more power so beware mate, the r34 is way above £12,000. hope thats helped a bit mate :cheers:

·
Banned
7,239 Posts
I had £15k and tried a 32GTR, 33GTR and 34GTT. Much preferred the GTT although I may be oin the minority. I wanted modern and useable as a daily driver without stupid power so it suits me fine, but if want the power (and the 4WD) go 33GTR.

:cheers:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the notes guys.

Im looking at getting something that I can do some mods too without going nuts.
My main reason for getting shot of my Rex is that there aint an awful lot you can do under the bonnet of it. (I refuse to pay £4000 for a turbo that has a nasty habit of blowing the rotors)

So I'll probably aim towards a R33 GTR I think. It'll be early next year due to work commitments, but I should be in a Skyline soon.

Anyone wanna buy a '54 plate RX8?? hehe

Al

1 - 10 of 10 Posts