Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Seasoned Member
4,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right then.. After looking at my options on undersealing i have decided i will have a go myself. First i looked at POR-15 and then decided on Dinitrol.

Anyway i was wondering what to get. The kits they have on their website are either for use with an air compressor or in the form of an aerosol.

Since i don't own an air compressor i was wondering if anyone has experience using the aerosol kit.

I will be buying an air compressor at some point but wanted to get cracking with the underseal as i don't have much time.

Also does anyone know if i can just do a section at a time or if i have to do it all in one sitting?

Thanks

·
3,402 Posts
Never used it in aerosol but used it once on the compresser, we did the archs first and then did the underbody at a later date and was fine.

What we did was cleaned any loose bits off and keyed the old shultz then cavity waxed all the shultz and chassis etc etc, then shultz over that. Not sure was it the right way but it worked

also you can email dinitrol themselves and they are very helpful on how to use there products and guides :) word of warning though, be sure and cover anything you don't want shultz'd , it's very sticky

·
Seasoned Member
4,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah right ok. Well I plan on doing the arches and then the underside at a later date. Ill have a read up and see what info I can find.

Does it need to be rust free to use or will it contain it?

Also the reason I originally decided on POR-15 was because it can be brushed on

·
Registered
104 Posts
I've used the hammerite stuff in aerosol in the past. Waxoil underseal and stonechip. Goes on quite nice and easy, but I found the cans clogged a bit if they were left. I warmed the cans up a bit and used a full can at a time.

I wasn't looking for a perfect finish, just a bit of winter protection, so I wire brushed the loose stuff off and gave it a good wash, then just sprayed away. Lasted quite well, but I did notice a little surface rust managing to creep through on chasssis members after around 6 months (and a really harsh winter).

·
seasoned member
1,918 Posts
I've just bought stone chip it comes with 3 1l tins and a spray gun that attaches to a compressor I have already used the white to seal all the new welds I have done on the front I will be using the black on the underside and rear suspension arms. It goes on very easy and the nozzles are fully adjustable

1 - 5 of 5 Posts