Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice or point me toward a good induction kit and exhaust set up for a 2.5L NA R34.

Im looking for a high air flow exhaust, not a decat as I want to avoid the fuss with MOT's. (if it was all nice shiny stainless that would be a bonus :))

My budget is not massive however Im a firm believer that you get what you pay for so price .

Thanks

oh If anyone could also provide any tips on locating the new air filter that would be great :D

·
100% AWESOME BLOKE
120 Posts
My mate works at a performace exhaust company and I'm related to the owner so if you want a custom setup let me no.......I'll get you a good deal

·
Registered
2,695 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Multics I might take you up on it mate, i didnt fancy fabricating a heat shield anyway as my metal working skills are not the best :S. Hows it rate in your mind? since it appears you have had a few going on that thread ;).

oh and what kind of difference did you find over stock when you installed your first kit? other than sound that is.

Anyhoo I need to read up on a few things / measure things up (and get paid) but ill let you know.

Were is your m8 based tanner? im in the N/E around durham area.

·
Seasoned Member
244 Posts
For sizing, I would say 60-65mm piping when building an NA exhaust system. Any larger and you will be ruining what ever decent torque the car had.

Apexi N1 offers a great system for the HR34. Complete with mid resonator and open muffler. System has great bark on WOT and at a steady speed it wont drown you to death.

Here's a 5Zigen pro-racer type which would be quite loud.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
mm thats a nice looking exhaust :) thanks for the suggestion feast ill have to get hunting for a good price >_<

·
Car work on a budget, a very SMALL budget :(
3,080 Posts
I think thats my exhaust at least.. It came on the car and I have not thought of changing it yet ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts