Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
THAT WINDSCREEN BLOKE
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've managed to snap a manifold bolt :swear: (the 1 towards the back of the engine). It's been recomended that all the studs are replaced, a genuine nissan gasket is used and the manifold may need to be skimmed. If i bought an after market manifold, would it come with a gasket or can i use a nissan one. What manifold would people recomend and has anyone got one fitted to there car?

Any help is realy appreciated,

Russ.

Almost 4got, will i damage my car if i cant sort this out quickly?

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
alrite bud the manifould mite not be fxxked ive not long done mine and looked like it had been gone for along time so check the manifould first before you buy a new one.:D

·
THAT WINDSCREEN BLOKE
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been thinking of changing it anyhow, i want a complete stainless system. Just wanted to know if anyone has fitted a jap-speed or similar.

·
Seasoned Member
21,588 Posts
hi russ, some do come with gaskets, but they are the crap ones, use a genuine nissan one £80ish, i had an xs-power one but didnt fit it, i changed my engine, the welds inside it were crap, they need to be ground down, the last thing you need is a bit of weld coming off and fooking up yr turbo, :D

·
THAT WINDSCREEN BLOKE
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've heard the xs power ones need a bit of work to fit correctly. I'll PM jap-speed to see if they do one. I might save up and buy the down pipe and elbow then get them all fitted at the same time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts