Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, I need some advice if possible concerning my skyline, ive got an R33 GT 2ltr non turbo,and would like to get more power as it is only 130hp standard.So I was wondering would the turbo's from an R32 GTst/GTR fit on my car?Or would the turbo's from an R33 GTst/GTR? Or does anybody have any other suggestions on how to get more power apart from the obvious induction kit/exhaust route,thanks in advance for any replies!

·
Administrator
25,964 Posts
you can fit a turbo to the n/a engines BUT it is very expensive and a lot of hassle mate as for your engine pm hesh or aitch as they both are trying to get as much power out of there n/a engines.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah I think the RB25DET replacement would be a better option.What else would I need aswell as the engine?would I need the gearbox/transmission also?Would the standard clutch handle the extra power?

·
Yeah boyeeeeeeeee
6,604 Posts
I'd recommend a complete engine swap (or even ditch the car and buy another; could be cheaper in the long run and will certainly be easier) however if you want to experiment then I've a couple of turbos for sale at the moment :D

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
I'd recon a complete car swap as said, that way your have more power and better spec from the start with a lot more tuning goodies being available.

It'll be cheaper with more potential in the long run.

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
As said really, I looked into turbo'ing an N/A NOT skyline but other make and it just doesn't make sense, It costs at least 2000 to get it all fitted plumbed in and ready to go, for that you can sell yours and get a GTST. IF it was something else I would say supercharger but hell I doubt you'll find a supercharger kit for a skyline.

GET RID GET A GTST, if you like yours that much go for the engine transplant with wiring loom but still going to cost more in the long run.

Plus there is all the documents to change the insurance becomes more as it is heavily modified even with standard GTST engine swap.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts