Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a few spirited departures my clutch has shown signs of being past its best. Its still ok for now so it gives me time to get a replacement and plan the swap over. I have a few general questions and seek some advice. Firstly will this item so the job?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NISSAN-SKYLINE-R33-R34-GTR-GENUINE-EXEDY-CLUTCH-KIT_W0QQitemZ250132550849QQihZ015QQcategoryZ10402QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
My car is standard and I have no plans to be tuning it. I just need it to be driveable. Are there any other cluthces that I should be looking at?.

I'm planning to fit this myself on my driveway using a 3t jack, axle stands and some sweary words. How big a pain in the bum is this task and besides that awkward bolt is there anything else I should look out for?. Any sound advice or good swear words I can try out would be appreciated.

Scott

·
Registered
73 Posts
After a few spirited departures my clutch has shown signs of being past its best. Its still ok for now so it gives me time to get a replacement and plan the swap over. I have a few general questions and seek some advice. Firstly will this item so the job?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NISSAN-SKYLINE-R33-R34-GTR-GENUINE-EXEDY-CLUTCH-KIT_W0QQitemZ250132550849QQihZ015QQcategoryZ10402QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
My car is standard and I have no plans to be tuning it. I just need it to be driveable. Are there any other cluthces that I should be looking at?.

I'm planning to fit this myself on my driveway using a 3t jack, axle stands and some sweary words. How big a pain in the bum is this task and besides that awkward bolt is there anything else I should look out for?. Any sound advice or good swear words I can try out would be appreciated.

Scott
The clutch on the link should do the job. Exedy make lot of aftermarket clutches but they also produce a lot of OEM clutches.

Main warning on the gearbox change is that the GTR box is
really really really really heavy... The 3 ton jack will take the weight but the box is an awkard one so balancing it on a jack will be very difficult especially when doing it on a driveway.

Good luck mate!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts