Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for expert(s) in or near Essex to fettle my new baby (R34 GTT) for me in the following ways :-

General for servicing etc.
Suspension expert for corner weighting and other setup
Tuner to advise next mods for more power

Can anyone make any recommendations ?
Cheers

·
Gets Blown by Twins :D
2,327 Posts
Hiya Grebo - I spoke to Rod Bell quite a bit about how to tune my GTT and this is the list he gave me for 350+bhp

New Turbo - Trust/Greddy TD05 from Tim at SVS - boosted to 1 bar
Front Mounted I/C from Pace
Boost Controller
Exhaust/De-Cat/Down pipe.
Air/Fuel computer (can't remember what type)

For 400bhp the injectors & pump need changing but they can't be mapped by a PowerFC (GTT adaptor? not available) so some other type of ECU is required.

Feel free to ask Rod as I'm sure he'll be able to give you more info than me :D

·
Gets Blown by Twins :D
2,327 Posts
Rods Contact numbers

Office tel - 01704822848

E-Mail - [email protected]

As to cost you won't get much change from £3000. The new turbo is the most at £1500, however you get 315bhp with everything else standard (inc boost) which is a good starting point. The FMIC is £800 and the rest £700ish.

I'm looking for 370-400bhp eventually but no more than that (I wonder how long that'll last :) ) but until something happens on the ECU front I'm buggered.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the details. Do you know if FMIC will fit behind standard front bumper ? Doesn't look like there's much room there.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I spoke to TDI - they do mods and stuff so I'll probably go see them when I've saved a few beans, but they don't do servicing.

Anywhere around Essex that does ? Or is it maybe worth me trying a Nissan main dealer ?

·
Needs a self cleaning car
1,455 Posts
Nooooooo

Don't go to a Nissan dealer!!

From your location, Abbey (Oxted, Surrey) or Gt-aRt (near Storrington, West Sussex) would be your best bet.

ECU wise, has any of you R34 GTT owners talked to Tim at SVS about the GReddy E-Manage unit?

Just a thought as Sturm has one for sale at the moment. Look in the for sale section.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Aha, went down to TDI on saturday to pick up some parts, and they DO do servicing, I obvisouly spoke to the wrong guy before.

It's there now getting some fettling - thought I'd better get it checked out - the backfire on every upshift stops people getting too close, but gets a bit tiresome after a while :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts