Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
picked my car up today from tilbury...slight problems.......as expected my R32 gtst sounds like a scooby.........(missing a cilinder) So I'vechanged the plugs...no result...same....
anything else I can check....and hicas lights on..
also found code 34 knocking sensor...everything else seams ok....
apart from the steering wheel not being straight down when going in a straight line maybe they swaped it back over...and didn't put it on quite right

Plus 3 new tyres needed..

Not the best start to our relationship but 11 yrs old things go wrong.............

(the cars standard...nothing done )

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Hi there,

Several things could be wrong. I would check the coil pack to see if they are all working. Easyway to do it is to pull one of at a time to see if the engine drops a cylinder. You`ll soon see which ones are a problem. Then if they all work check the injectors are working in the same way or use a multi meter (needs to be a automotive one)

If you find its a coil pack not working swap it ove with another cylinder and see if the fault moves over to the cylinder, if the fault remains check the wiring at both engine and ecu end !!!

Hope this helps

Oh and the Hicas could be a dodgy speedo conversion!!! I think you can check the codes on the Hicas like you can with the ECU.

·
Dandy Highwayman
1,314 Posts
I'm no expert but;

misfire: a coil pack may be faulty theres one on each spark plug, swap them round and see if the missing cylinder changes this may cause misfire (and maybe even the knock sensor error)

hicas light: aftermarket wheels need boss adapters or it gets confused. if your wheel isnt on straight this will upset it as well. also hicas also doesn't like low battery levels so give the battery a good charge reset the hicas making sure sterring wheel and road wheels are all in straight ahead pos

when mine turned up it had a faulty relay and wouldnt start at all! but then abbey were on the case ... nuf said

good luck anyway, someone who knows a bit more than me will probably come along in a bit .....

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well nothing so far ...My m8 was ment to bring a borrowed coil from RK but.....he forgot to pick itup...(thanks then) so the waiting I did all day so far was wasted....never mind got my set of new tyres soetedand fog light in process....

Will let you know about main when I test it....BBQ this evening so it'll have to wait.....................

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fixed....yipee.......running sweet...twas no 3 coil....
Now the fun begins....just can't let the misses know whats in store or howmuch it'll cost..............thanks ppl for ya help....

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mot failed................ :( ..steering rack gator and n/s/r bush or somthing................oh well...Never gonna be on the road with a plate for the weekend..................looks like Ron at RK got some bits to find for me...........

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Finally after loads of cursing swearing blood and near broken(chopped off) and painful fingers/hands. I've done the few parts needed for the retake.........result

Passed ............. :) :):)
Now I can give Mr DVLA all the paperwork,(just as soon as the de-reg doc get back in the post) and get a number just like ever1 else....................yippee

1 - 11 of 11 Posts