Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi . can any one tell me if jdl body kits are any good. im looking at one to buy so i dont want to waste the cash. many thanks

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
hi . can any one tell me if jdl body kits are any good. im looking at one to buy so i dont want to waste the cash. many thanks
OK from a JDL bodykit owner here is the truth.

The guy selling them is a top bloke and has done me proud, from sending extra sideskirts to replying pretty much straight away. ALL IS GOOD THERE :cheers:

Kit wise, The front and side skirts sit very low, almost annoying low. I had to drop my intercooler 2 inch just to get it fitting in the hole provided by the front bumper ( this was with a Greddy intercooler and not always the case)

With my 17" Advans I couldn't even get it on my drive untill I changed to 18" Rota's ( but I guess that depends what height you are running your coilovers)

The side skirts were spot on, although I wish they had a lip on to the door sill rather than having to fill the gap and have them attached permanent, such as they are now, glued filled and sprayed onto the car.

The front bumper, as long as you get it fitted 100% right there shouldn't be any worries, although if it is 1mil out you will have a gap between your headlight and bumper ( wish they would add just a little lip to stop that)

I do not have the rear bumper or the rear top window spoiler and do not wish too, but if they are to your taste I would say they will be in just as good as the others.

All in All a good fitting kit with great service, just a little to low and maybe could do with a tweek here and there. Great value for money though IF you quote you are from here :D

EDIT : 1 more thing the front bumper you see on the website is not the same as you recieve it is very slightly different. The cut outs above the intercooler hole do not exist, they have been photoshopped other wise near enough the same.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks to you all. like your car well smart. hope mine will look as good just need a full respray and the body kit and im there.

·
manual convert
583 Posts
i wish i,d seen jdl bodykits b4 i,d brought the jun kit i,ve got, cos
scottishgirl,s car is ABSOLUTELY STUNNING,GORGEOUS,SEXY !!!!. i think i have just, oooooops :sorry:.
thanks for showing her, that would make me smile just owning her, let alone driving her.

:cheers: bruce.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts