Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all, my head gasket went lastnight for some strange reason.( see other post) I am a very capable engineer with a full workshop to use and many many tools. Ive never done a head gasket before but ive replaced turbos, gearboxes, clutchs, pretty much everything but that.

How many hours will it take me to do?

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
have you got the facilities to skim the head? if not strip it down and send it off to be skimmed is your first point of call.

well your there check the condition of your belt and water pump as you might aswell replace those aswell if they need doing as your stripping her down anyways :)

·
Registered
218 Posts
itll take as long as it takes fella,allow three hours strip and three rebuild but could be down couple of dayswaiting for bits and bobs,as hr 33 said get it checked for level and pressure test would change manifold studs whilst its off ,dont know bout the 34 but the 33 snap easy enough and if they do snap when your refitting youll be kicking yourself right in the testicles,bassicly if it looks tired or rotton change it cause itll only come back and bite you on the bum cheek good luck you sound a nice chap you can do it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts