Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
Don't like these, ok as a "guide" but never map a car with one like i've seen so many people do...lol

Normaly they are miles out..and too slow to refresh...

I also hate anything in AR i much prefer it in Lambda reading.

·
Banned
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers guys....

The AEM unit can do lambda and afr readings and it is just for monitoring as theres no way Im going to risk mapping an engine lol

Any other people out there who have one, or maybe an alternative to it???

·
Banned
6,537 Posts
This is a wideband unit so it'll be a hell of alot more accurate than just plugging in a AFR gauge to read off a normal narrowband lamda sensor.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Gambit said:
Cheers guys....

The AEM unit can do lambda and afr readings and it is just for monitoring as theres no way Im going to risk mapping an engine lol

Any other people out there who have one, or maybe an alternative to it???
Have a look at the Innovate Wideband kit as well, I have an LM-1 fitted to my car, and can use that to log Lambda, RPM, Air Flow (Volts) and Throttle Position. Very good piece of kit IMO, and I mapped my car myself using this and am very happy with the results. Well it hasn't blown up (yet:D).

·
Registered
138 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
FastSky said:
Have a look at the Innovate Wideband kit as well, I have an LM-1 fitted to my car, and can use that to log Lambda, RPM, Air Flow (Volts) and Throttle Position. Very good piece of kit IMO, and I mapped my car myself using this and am very happy with the results. Well it hasn't blown up (yet:D).
I have one of these down the side of my bed still in its box :( undecided if I should put it in the Primera or the Skyline. Worst of all, I've only had it for around 2 years :eek:

·
Registered
92 Posts
pfffffffff..

just blowing the dust off this old topic.

got a question. im about to buy me an AEM wideband with lambda, but.

Ive found a internetsite where i can buy these thingy for about 299 dollar.
But is it only the gauge and the lambda i need? OR do i also need the AEM contoller?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts