Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Seasoned member
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello folks
im wanting to kill the power to my aerial when the cd player is on...i am going to install a switch......wher is the easiest place to break into the wire for the aerial...any idea what color it is...
i.m a lazy bastard!!!!:D

thanks
kieran

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Go into your boot and unplug it. The electric plug is on the side of the black casing, and also the air feed that makes it go up is on the bottom.. Just unplug them both :D Took mine off today and give it away, lol.......

·
Seasoned member
4,785 Posts
behinde the head unit would be a good place to cut the wire, it's the green wire with a red stripe, just fitted a new head unit yesterday so that was lucky for you

·
Dorset/Wilts Area Rep
8,231 Posts
GtstTypeM
That would stop it working entirely.

The easiest place is to put the switch straight after it comes out of the head unit. Its controlled by either the ant or amp wire both blue wire on head units. Just snip that and put a switch in there. Plus the switch will be at the dash end apposed to the boot.

Some head units switch this feed anyway. My old pioneer used to lower the aerial when a CD was playing.

·
Seasoned member
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
aerial

fantastic Guys...:D yes hongkonphoie...yes lucky me!!!
believe it or not i have a spoiler up/switch on my dash..which i obviously dont use cos i dont have a spoiler!!!
guess it will be ariel up/down !!!:grinno:

thanks guys
kieran

·
Registered
294 Posts
My aerial has already been disabled and such (put a new headunit in last night and couldn't get it to work) Anyone know of a decent replacement that isn't as ugly as a big wire coming from the boot?

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
My aerial has already been disabled and such (put a new headunit in last night and couldn't get it to work) Anyone know of a decent replacement that isn't as ugly as a big wire coming from the boot?

Im wondering that to. Something like the s2000 aerial maybe?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts