Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
finally got my self a skyline with a big help from chunk who went with me to recover it back as it didnt have tax or mot, after minutes of getting her home took her for a test and she passed with flying colours, now the mot is out the way for one whole year the fun now begins.

firstly she is a fairly standard motor just has some fooked up bodywork and nothing to my liking at all the bumpers have to go the colour needs a change and the engine needs alot more goodies as she feels too heavey i got some carbon bits on there way so will keep it posted :thumbs:

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bits waiting to go on as soon as i squeeze some time

19 row oil cooler thermostatic plus filter relocation

in car entertain ment plus to go with some on board camera soon to be fitted

and a little something to help control the boost great piece of kit this is, which also burnt a great piece of hole in my budget lol

·
South West (England 13)
1,855 Posts
I like that mate - looks lovely

I do have a passion for yellow ones though

Only seen those rims once before - they look rather nice as well

and goodies already? Will watch the thread with interest

·
Drifter
391 Posts
Nice looking car! :D Yellow is a cool color on a skyline :D

Never seen these rims on a skyline before, looks great :D

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cheers for the nice comments guys theres more to come just got in from fitting the headunit just now and boost controllers going in next.

i hate the wheels on it to be honest its not my thing lol looking to get rid of them soon as well as the kit thats on it.

got an order placed with epracing for their carbon bonnet just waiting for payment to clear :D

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
poped down coolkits on tuesday and picked up a flush boot spoiler at a great price too.

i had a close look under my bonnet and noticed the air filter on it was heavyly blocked with yellow over spray so out with the old

and in with the new

also wasnt happy with the steering wheel out with the old

in with the new

finished the headunit off

alnd found some speakers and tweeters lying about at home so made use out of them

·
Registered
11,026 Posts
hey affy - good start to a project thread - looking forward to seeing this one progress (subscribed).

yep - steering wheel +1 for me too - looks ace - the one on my car is titchy. it makes steering a bit tougher and I weren't keen at first but now I love it lol.

the colour is lush - please dont change it - it has that slight nod to the Jun R33 which isn't a bad thing!

loving the fact you've gone for a 19row oil cooler too - you've got big plans for this I take it lol! got a 19 row one on mine that was fitted when I bought it and it keeps the oil temps down all the time - its ace! :D

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cheers labrat and anthonymcgrath, have to say the colour may look good from pictures but in person it looks a ton more disgusting, the colour has no shine, theres **** in the paint, uneven coats and overspray all over the window trims etc need to give it a good tlc and colour change is not a problem for me as i am a panel beater and sprayer :D but lets see how we get on with this one :D

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lovely lookin motor i like it lotssssss.i would be taking that dash surround off tho and painting it b4 you install your head unit,look forward to watchin this in progress,good luk
ive got a new one kicking about from when my bro broke a gts a while back to rb his s15, so will be nicking a few good replacements off his pile of left overs :D

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
just a bit of restoration update still have found time to get the evc and oil cooler in yet, but lately noticed one of my rear lights was not working and went to check the bulb to find out the brakey is broken so i had a spare kicking about and decided to swap the lot

didnt look too bad in black so thought id do bought of them to een it out

found a fpr under hood can anyone give me more info on this as im not sure what exactly it does and what the purpose of it?

also these came in today
this definatly is a must and i do recomend this r.p.m gauge

you cant have a r33 with out 10k h.i.ds now can you :D

·
Registered
11,026 Posts
fpr keeps fuel pressure in your fuel rail stable - its often used to push the fuel pressure a bit if your wanting to run slightly higher boost on stock tubs but its used for other higher power apps too (btw dont run more than 0.8bar on stock ceramic tubs)

Not too sure on the black surrounds on the lights personally - I think just tidying/polishing the yellow up would be better - doesn't the surround just come off?

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
fpr keeps fuel pressure in your fuel rail stable - its often used to push the fuel pressure a bit if your wanting to run slightly higher boost on stock tubs but its used for other higher power apps too (btw dont run more than 0.8bar on stock ceramic tubs)

Not too sure on the black surrounds on the lights personally - I think just tidying/polishing the yellow up would be better - doesn't the surround just come off?
cheers for the info on the fpr anthony, the lights surround does come off but on my yellow ones, you know you have that black rubber moulding between the light and the quater panel, i had **** loads of over spray and could not remove it so thought i might aswel change the lot, on the plus side im going to be respraying all the bits and bobs soon to a colour of my choice im really feeling a nice bright artic white or a candy yellow

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
cheers jay :)

just got this in fresh from ep racing the guys now how to securly pacl stuff lol :D

another thing added to my list of things waiting to go on, oh i cant wait to feel the light weights from what i can remember my standard bonnet weighs a ton next up is a carbon boot so i can fit the spoiler

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
couldnt resist found the time to fit the bonnet on - sorry for the dark pics

and 10k h.i.d

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
these babys came in today looks sweet when i tested it with a 9 volt battery :D fresh from nismods well worth the money

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
just thought id do a little write up with pics as most people get put of buying glow dials thinking its hard to do, well its really simple and you can do it within 30mins :D (thought id give something back to this community as its been a big help to me :)

first things first you get the speedo cluster out and find a suitable place to work on

1) you unclip the clear plastic cover gently, they are easy to take out and the trick is pop the bottom ones off first and the tops just ease out

2) same proceedure with the black cover that needs removing aswell, same way but this ones a little more stiff, so dont give up :bananasmile:

3) now you need to remove the r.p.m gauge theres 2 small philips at the front

and 3 philips at the back

and it just pops off

4) the reason to take the r.p.m gauge of is to get to the boost gauge to slip the glow dial over it and you'll find 2 more small philips which need removing and put back on to secure the glow dial in its place

now do the same with the rest of them :D i got carried away and forgot to take pics

now the wiring is simple

locate the red with blue strip wire behind the fuel gauge harness on the main car loom (the harness you removed to take the speedo cluster out) cut it and mate it with the red wire of the glow dial kit, then find a suitable ground and wire the negative to it. also do not forget to connect the glow dials harness with the switch harness you get with your kit, job done :cheers:

1 - 20 of 54 Posts