Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok i have the usual 4500rpm+ lack of power. (R33 GTS-t 1994)

Im ordering Splitfires and a new set of NGK iridium 8's on Monday to hopefully sort it.
If it doesnt then im looking at changing the AFM.

Question is.
I intend to fit a bigger turbo sometime this year so if i need to change my AFM now there doesnt seem much point going for the standard one and then having to upgrade to Z32 or Q45 later on.
So.. can I fit Z32 or Q45 now to my current set up??? If so which should i go for?? (i dont have a PFC)

Current relevent spec:

Hybrid Front mount intercooler
Apex SAFC-II fuel controller
HKS EVC-II boost Controller
All in one 3” downpipe and turbo elbow
Blitz exhaust full system with decat
NGK grade 8 iridium plugs
HKS filter & induction kit with custom cold air feed in bumper & bonnet
Walbro fuel pump

btw ill be going for a top mount turbo (plus 550 injectors) to go on the top mount tubular manifold ive already bought if that makes any difference at all.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
since posting ive found a few posts saying SAFCII can run it.. and even one that claims series 1 R33 GTS-t uses the same plug so no rewiring if i get the Z32??

can anyone confirm please?
(i realise a remap will be required)

·
Autobahn Burner
1,223 Posts
since posting ive found a few posts saying SAFCII can run it.. and even one that claims series 1 R33 GTS-t uses the same plug so no rewiring if i get the Z32??

can anyone confirm please?
(i realise a remap will be required)
SAFC II Will definately run it
the plug is the same for some series one but others still need rewiring
You can see with this.

Z32

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
superb thanks.

so if i do end up needing to try a new AFM after fitting the Splitfires I may as well just get a Z32 and a remap then!
Then all i need is the new turbo, injectors and a little downpipe reworking and im ready for a nice power increase.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
The symptoms you describe are not typical of an AFM fault, which will cause hesitation throughout the rev range.

Aitch

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
great, if thats the case itll save having to remap now and then again for the new turbo etc as i can leave changing the AFM til then.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts