Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright chaps, got the usual stage 1 mods on a r32 gtst, intercooler, exhaust, aif filter, fuel pump, fuel regulator, an 0.9 bar of boost, but my standard afm has just packed up!

This all going to be controlled by a apexi safc an was just wondering if its worth getting a z32 whelst im having to change the afm, will it benafit me an will the safc be able to control it?

cheers for your time

loz

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
It´s definately worth getting an upgraded AFM like Z32. Cause you´re already at a level where the stock AFM isn´t really capable of handling the amount of air you´re sucking in. And you´ll be probably going higher too, so grab one.

The SAFC II will be able to handle your new/different AFM. You just have to change the AFm setting on it - job done!

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just found out all the values that each AFM can handle, basically the standard one 303 bhp an the z32 is like 340bhp, i wont be near the maximum value of the z32 but i think maybe close to the standard one witch im pressuming will be making it strain?

Is the z32 hassle to fit, im sure you have to change the wiring or something but i think its the same dia. correct?

Thanks for your advice mate

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh right, mucked up there then! Same diameter though aint it? Yeah is changing the plug involved or not?

·
Dandy Highwayman
1,314 Posts
with those mods and a SAFC you'll see around 260-270bhp atf - without the SAFC you'll be running well rich so more likely 230-240bhp atf or something (unless you're running less than stock fuel pressure).

if you want to go further you'll need injectors (stock are 270cc) then shortly after an AFM so you may as well do them both ones not much use without the other.

personnally i wouldn't trust the SAFC2 to adjust for bigger injectors (444cc gtr ones are most popular) and a Z32 AFM - thats just too much fudge. get your rom chipped or a power FC (r33 gtst or gtr ones will do with some wiring adjustments and a resistor her and there).

PS i've got a SAFC2 and the same mods as you :)

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So your saying with the mods iv got and using a standard afm, i will be pritty much maxing out the standard injectors anyway? Didnt think it was worth upgrading the injectors unless a bigger turbo was going on there? If i upgrade the afm and the injectors with the mods iv got with out upgrading the turbo, will i see any gains?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts