Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AFM help needed
Hi All,

I have recently bought a Z32 AFM for my car. I have read the threads on here about how the wires are different but what I have seems to be defferent to whats been described on here.

My std AFM has 3 pins, and the Z32 one has 4 ?? I resoldered my original connecter in place on the Z32 one and the car wouldnt start. Worse than that the ECU and Exhaust Temp light are flashing like mad ( about 5-10 flashes per second ) and there is a noise like a soleniod opening and closing in the boot and in the engine bay.

So I put the standard one back in and its still the same? Have i fried my ECU?

Cheers

G

·
0 Posts
sorry to hear abot your trouble mate. but i seem to have a spare std one you can borrow if ya want (ha ha ha ha ha )

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
You have probably set a fault code into the ECU, maybe the ECU needs re-setting.

There endeth my knowledge

·
Premium Member
4,233 Posts
From what I recall (from Richard's GTR) the AFM connector had to be plugged in to the Z32 AFM upside down (ie connections reversed).

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bugger!!!!!!!

I was hoping that the worst thing that could happen would be that i would fry the AFM, not the ECU.........

That will teach me

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If I cant get

the car going then there is no way I will be able to go!!

The FC is showing thet the AFM is OK, It is more like an ECU fault?? The sound under the bonnet is the boost solenoid pulsing. This is in perfect harmony with the dash lights flashing?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts