Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to get it regased and vacume tested but when i press the aircon button. The engine revs rise, it says ac on the controls but neither the pump clutch or the front fan kick in. Could this be due to a broke a/c relay or the fact the outside air temp sensor is not on. Did the diagnostics on it and it only gave me a code 21 :werd:

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes they did, didnt charge me because i said it wont work so i drove off quick!!

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i will borrow my mate recharge can he got from halfords as it has the pressure gauge om it, need to get it sorted before germany :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
I had the same problem on mine (on pressing A/C button, compressor clutch & front fan didn't kick in, and engine revs increased). I bought the car few months ago, and never tried the aircon until now. I thought there may not be enough gas in the system, so I used the Halfords kit to add more.
After this, the clutch and fan do kick in, and engine revs rise. I can see the compressor pulley turning.
But still no cooling!! I have a feeling that the compressor may be worn. Any suggestions ??

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will see if my mate has any gas left in his tin and see if i can use that.

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
if thats in kent its 60 quid petrol there and back. the garage where i took it to did a vacume test and all was ok. im sure the fan and clutch used to kick in when i got it.

·
Seasoned Member
21,588 Posts
if thats in kent its 60 quid petrol there and back. the garage where i took it to did a vacume test and all was ok. im sure the fan and clutch used to kick in when i got it.
talk to nathan (gts500) he was at the castle coombe meet you went to (white gts 2 cars from my grey one) he will tell you more ian...:D

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thans Keith, will gibe him a bell tomorrow :)

·
Registered
151 Posts
If it gives you fault code 21 (outside air sensor) I would buy a new one and fit this first as it says this is the fault.

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i aint even got the sensor!!! i can remember that the clutch engaged when i bought it and there was no sensor on it then. will phone alltorque tomorrow for one.

·
Registered
151 Posts
It may show the sensor fault code first then when that is fixed it may then show another code with the real problem.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts