Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The aircon in all the skylines I've been in can't be set below 18 degrees.

In there any way to doctor this ?

Cheers

·
Member No 48
1,192 Posts
Why would you want to sit in an IGLOO?

·
On The Far Side...
203 Posts
I'm pretty sure the temp dial (that can be set to 18 degrees) only has an effect when the aircon is set to AUTO mode - if you switch it to manual and keep the fan at full power, it will continue to blow out cold air - though, as floyd501 said - why would you want to sit in an igloo!?!?!:D

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
Incorrect terminology , it is not air con , it is Climate control in all Skylines, 18 degrees is good enough for hot, humid weather in Japan and it is better for us over here in the uk.

18 degrees with the water taken our of it as a dehumidifier will dry out the air in the cabin anyhow.

I dont think anything below 18 is required.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's cos I'm soooo hot that I need to keep really cool otherwise I overheat.

Cheers Dave, I'll try that when my skyline is in my sweaty hands.

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
if you dont want the car to revert back to slower fan rates at 18 degrees grebo , make sure that the AUTO function is off, also I believe on the 33 you can set it for Quck Cool option and Also Fast Warm as an alternative, if you want I will try and find out the diags for the CC for you.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
There is an Uber-cooling mode I believe on the R32, and others I presume. While you can't set BELOW 18, it will pump it out more than with the fan on full on a/c.

I think you set max/min (dep on whether you want hot/cold) then press and hold the temp button in the desired direction for 5 seconds. It should display FC of FH in the screen to show its on that wacky mode.

It does exist, I've used it. Its just that I may not be right about how to turn it on...

·
Member No 48
1,192 Posts
To keep really cool make sure that you select recirculating air. That way you will keep cooling the air in the car and not try to cool down fresh incoming air from outside........other than that no other suggestions!

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
then watch the condensation form on the bottom of the windscreen :) on the outside.

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
lol Frozen Gieblets let alone Grebo. :) man thats cold.

·
Member No 48
1,192 Posts
yeah sarky......real brass monkey weather!!

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cheers chaps. I'll try the hold the button in trick when I get my car.

Shouldn't be long now - I hope.

That trick may be in the owners handbook - I'll have a look when I get it.

·
Registered
554 Posts
i had my air con recharged.......set it to 18'C but when thermometer was att to the middle air vent....it showed a cool 9'C...

loverly joberly

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Trick isn't in the manual, not mine anyway. I got it from somewhere on the net. Sure it is saved on my PC but its in bits on the coffe table just now having a vapour chiller installed. Shall have a looksee later when its fired up again....

·
Dandy Highwayman
1,314 Posts
NismoUK , where did you get yours recharged ? I need my 92 R32 doing (talked to Richard Bell but he thought it might take the old style fluid (r12?)) did you have any probs getting it done?
Cheers
AlexJ

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
AlexJ....

There should be a sticker on your R32's pipework, either on the a/c bottle or the a/c rad which indicates which fluid you need....

Oh, and anyone with a rover/honda as a second car, I have 200 COMPLETE air con units to hand if you wanna install air con as an aftermarket toy....

;)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts