Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone help me with a good air filter, at the moment i have the standard air filter and was thinking of a closed induction filter as to avoid heat soak.

which one will you recommend and how much roughly?

thanks guys

·
Seasoned Member
4,504 Posts
Apexi are supposed to be the best but mine came with a blitz and it sounds the tits

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
i currently got standard as i have had aftermarket air
filters on other cars i owned and always got cutting off problems i think it messes up the afm in the end because of different volume of airfeed heat,but thats just me could be wrong?

·
Registered
212 Posts
i currently got standard as i have had aftermarket air
filters on other cars i owned and always got cutting off problems i think it messes up the afm in the end because of different volume of airfeed heat,but thats just me could be wrong?
The problem with (some) induction kits is they are wet type, which means the filter has a very fine coating of oil on the filter itself. It is the accumulation of filter oil on the AFM that causes problems.

One solution is to go for the Apexi Power intake kit which is a dry type filter, thats what i've got anyway. There are other dry types about I'm pretty sure the K&N is a wet type though.

The good thing about the Apexi filter is that they do one to bolt directly to most AFM's without using an adapter. Standard AFM's, Z32 & even a Q45 one.

Happy shopping :) lol

Dave

·
In dentibus anticis frustum magnum spiniciae habes
9,524 Posts
Mine came with a HKS mushroom type, but I recently changed ot for an Apexi Power intake, nothing wrong with the HKS, in fact you can have my old one for £25 posted if you want it or make me an offer. I can post or pm pics if you want, if u do go for the Apexi, i got mine from Nengun for about £30 plus taxes etc.

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
apex in the traders sell apexi bolt on filter for fifty quid. i would never put a k and n on my skyline as the one i had on my old bmw kiiled the afm due to the oil it had in it.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Blitz SUS, its a metal mesh filter, more expensive than your normal filters, trust me it sounds absolutely amazing!

·
violence IS the answer!
1,371 Posts
Id go with the Apexi Power Filter if i were you pal!

And as IansR33 said, Apex Performance is the place to go for it.

Cheap as chips and a reyt good bit of kit too!

Apex Performance are the cheapest ive seen. :bigthumb:

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
Yep i'd have to agree Apexi power filter is what i'm running and prob the most popular.

For heat shielding i run this.

·
violence IS the answer!
1,371 Posts
Yep i'd have to agree Apexi power filter is what i'm running and prob the most popular.

For heat shielding i run this.

Oooh Oooh Oooh i want one of theses heat shields!!!

Why, When, Where, How And how much??? lol. :bigthumb:

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
Oooh Oooh Oooh i want one of theses heat shields!!!

Why, When, Where, How And how much??? lol. :bigthumb:
im sure bum crack will organise some sort of group buy.

·
Seasoned Member
773 Posts
Where is the best place to get Apexi replacement filters from ?
Just the "paper" bit.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts