Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there much difference in waht air filter you use? also whats the differens between safc and e manage, what would be best for my car as im now running=

turbow elbow
down pipe
decat
cat back
k and n air filter
fmic

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
For the air filters i'd say so yes. The foam one's get dry'd out and break down=poo. I chose the Apexi one as it got the best results when tested against the others such as k&N,HKS and Blitz-found this on another site but can't remember for the life of me:sorry:. IT only got 1bhp more supposidly (14bhp as opposed to the others 13bhp)

Down to the individul though, i'm glad i went with Apexi as it sounds amazing and abit like an atmospheric dump valve but without the running issues like stalling!

As for your current spec the e-manage would be just the item to get everything working to it's best.

I'm at a cross roads at the minute as to where to start (even looking at the e-manage myself) and got advice from these guys on here as where to go as a starting point. I'm sure they will help out when they read this.

Your not to far from me either pop down Donny some time when your not flooded and all the roads are closed!! Me and a few mates like the occasional BLAST to barnsley on a sunday evening weather permitting.:)

·
Ex Skylineowner
3,444 Posts
I would have said that the SAFC II would be best cost option at that level of tune but go for the emanage if you have bigger plans for the future.

But Apexi filter definately the way go :)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im sure ive seen them apexi filters on here somewhere, quite cheap aswell. well ive just bought a safc 2 and a avcr and rev thingy also apexi off ebay, second hand, think i have got a good price, £311 for the lot, can i install the safc my self, or does it need to be installed and mapped at a garage? skint now!!:shakehead:

·
Registered
441 Posts
you can install it yourself but you shouldn't really fcuk with it if you don't know what you're doing, it does alter your fuelling and ignition map, after all

1 - 6 of 6 Posts