Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
can someone please help with wiring a air fuel ratio gaug e , i got a 4 wire high band lamba but stumped how to wire it :sorry:

c'mon guys someone must have some advice when fitting a sensor , is it worth while or rip it out and do something else :disappointed: :feedback:

·
Registered
735 Posts
Narrow band or wide band?
What type of A/F meter?
Are you after fitting another sensor in the exhaust or changing the one thats in?
Basicly. One wire will be the sensor out, one is an earth and 2 wires for the heater. Colours will depend on the make.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the gauge is a saga air fuel ratio gauge and im fitting a extra high band lamba sensor in exhaust leaving the original one there, just had a full stainless made with extra bung for it . wires on sensor are 2 white , grey and black, the gauge is alredy fitted with just the white signal wire to connect , unsure of wiring of extra sensor

·
Registered
735 Posts
I've had a look at the saga gauges and i don't think you have a wideband gauge. A wideband gauge will come with the lambda sensor as they are a calibrated pair.

Don't think you needed to have the extra bung fitted as the gauge you have will run off the one fitted. Connected to the black wire.

The 2 white wires are the heater. Connect one to earth and one to an ignition live. Or connect into the 2 white wires fitted to the old sensor.
The Grey wire is an earth, this can be checked with a multimeter.
The black wire should be the signal wire.
The heater needs to be connected, if its not the sensor reads incorrect.

Check to make sure what type of system it is. Wide band or narrow band.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks mate for your reply , the garages are as usefull as a chocolate watch when it comes to things like this, ive got a narrow band sensor and gauge ive checked with company , didnt have a clue. thanks again :apint:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts