Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im lookin at a cone £35 one from conceptua tuning i think they quite good any others and are the original h.k.s or blitz ones that much different for the price gap of £100?
please reccommend here...................:)

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
whats soo supreme about the branded ones? they just filters eh?

·
Registered
683 Posts
they're made from better materials and put together better im sure...i wouldnt put a £35 air filter near my car to be honest, but its up to you...

·
Registered
766 Posts
ive used loads of different filters over the years, branded and otherwise and i only ever had disintergration issues with an HKS item. The main benefit with the proper kit is that they are made and tested specifically for the car in question and sized to suit (not to mention handy brackets and fitting kits).

However if its going on your skyline, why skimp. The Apexi filter isnt that dear when you consider how long it will last and you get the peace of mind that its tried and tested.

·
Seasoned Member
7,044 Posts
However if its going on your skyline, why skimp. The Apexi filter isnt that dear when you consider how long it will last and you get the peace of mind that its tried and tested.[/QUOTE]

:iagree:

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
i would not fit a k&n one again as the oil from it killed the afm on my s13 and both my old bmw's so i only now fit apexi filters and at around fifty quid you cant go wrong plus they came out top in a test a lab did ref filtration and fllow

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for the feedback i didnt know k/n suffer from oil problems,apexi sound like the one oh that big mushroom is it that one how much? any traders here do em?

·
Registered
812 Posts
Apexi do a cone one, the big mushroom one is hks. ARC do a good one too, but it is crazy priced!

·
Seasoned member
4,785 Posts
i can't understand why people always want to put cheap crap on their skyline:disappointed: treat the dam thing with respect and put an Apexi on it

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
got a link?

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
just buyed a k an n filter with adapter after 5 cans of strongbow:apint: off ebay hop it was woth it,ANDY MY MATE:cheers:

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
like i said the oil on my old one killed the afm on my s13 and both my bmw's so make sure you reg clean the afm

1 - 20 of 29 Posts