Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a Clifford Concept 600 on my old GTiR, but on the Sky there is a bog standard alarm at the mo......does anyone use any of the other alarms that are all singing, all dancin???? and are they any good??

edied for Eyore....bless!

·
Registered
193 Posts
:eek: WHOSE GTiR !!!! :eek:

And ive had to fix it allready ! - easy repair tho - it's now even louder !:D

The Alarm that is ! - the car's runnin better than ever now it's back.... mind you i havent had the chance to play due to tooo much ice/snow about - dont want to stuff "Beast" b4 I go racin @ Brands !

·
Devils disciple
860 Posts
i've got a toad alarm/immobiliser,i'm very pleased with it.

·
Devils disciple
860 Posts
tigger said:
cool, what does the Toad Alarm do?? has it got extra add ons?
the alarm has passive arming as does the immobiliser,central locking it tells you if you've left the boot open or if the window's not quite shut,door,glass and voltage drop sensor and there's a huge amount of add on's such as toad eye ( a small camera which records the car and i think can send the picture to your mobile but not sure about that) as well as a load of other things that i've forgotten.go on this site for more info. www.alarmwizard.co.uk

·
2.8 HKSステップ3 、
3,072 Posts
Alarm

Tiggs, speak to Gordon K... I am sure he will sort something out for you at a good price...:crazy:

·
Registered
193 Posts
Piss taker ! - but a least your letting the car go now ;) !

Fanks...

Sorry ill go away now......

·
Registered
161 Posts
Yeah gotta agree toad, great back up and lots of add on's even though most render a non cat 1 by the end with too many gizmos. More reliable than clifford, but problem most the time with clifford is the ppl fitting them don't have a clue.

·
Registered
952 Posts
personally i would go for clifford! it all depends how much your willing to spend.
im getting a top of the range clifford with all extras talking alarm (im even getting it to speak in japanese) tilt and motion for wheels and a phone service. if your car get broken into it rings your mobile within 6 seconds. how good is that. all for 1300

·
Devils disciple
860 Posts
clifford are good no doubt about that it's reliability thats their problem ask most installers their opinion.

·
Registered
952 Posts
yeah thats true but do you know the reason why they keep going off etc? if you dont keep the battery at full or very least half full power then they malfunction. they need loads of juice. but you cant get better than clifford in my view

·
Devils disciple
860 Posts
skylineboy said:
yeah thats true but do you know the reason why they keep going off etc? if you dont keep the battery at full or very least half full power then they malfunction. they need loads of juice. but you cant get better than clifford in my view
well i'm not saying your wrong but i had a clifford on an MR2 kept going off all the time mostly at night i tried the new battery thing no difference had two fitters look at it one could'nt find anything wrong he in fact tested my battery,the other one told me that clifford have a good rep,but reliability was an issue as they are a company who want to be class leaders but to do this they need to get new things onto the market quickly and sometimes these things come onto the market without the prolonged testing that they need hence the reliability problem,sorry if this is something you don't want to see but i can only comment on experiences and what people have told me,as for the clifford on my car it had to be removed as my neighbours would have killed me if i hadn't!

·
Registered
952 Posts
na i hear wat your saying. wasnt being rude about it mate. i no there is things they go wrong with them. my old one on my 306 was a nightmare but the new g4 series im told is very reliable. i think they have pulled there finger out of there rears on this one.

:D

·
Devils disciple
860 Posts
didn't think you were being rude!i hadn't heard that they had a new series out good luck with it i hope it's more reliable than my 600,the funny thing is that i sold my MR2 about 4 months after getting a new alarm for it....doh!.

·
Devils disciple
860 Posts
thats it concept 600,loads of features and expensive when i bought it, just kept going off,all the time.spit on it i wanted to belt it with a sledge hammer! :)

·
Registered
952 Posts
yeh they had so many problems i think they scraped em quick but i hear a lot of work went into the g4 range now though. supposed to be the dogs dangleys

·
Devils disciple
860 Posts
i'll look out for those it's always good to see new products you never know if you may want them in the future,in this day and age alarms tend to be a necessary evil.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts