Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lol.....

One happy bunny now, lol....

Things are moving forward.... Only because i cant wait. Bodywork is due to be done after wedding... And with the turbo and other small mods sat here next to me... Ive finally decided to get it done first....... Thank to the arrival of me Japspeed screamer.... Thanks Paul ( has a knack of ringing me at awkward times, this time it was when i was talking the huskie for a jog... Couldnt get me breath back... lol :rofl: )

In all excitement, i was tightening the nuts on to the studs and the washer kind of sunk into the gap... Only a tiny bit... But it caused the top stud to bend a little... Seems fine and tight as a ducks ass so just want to ask you guys if i should swap it or keep it on...

Pics not great but spot the bent one out :)

:angel: :bounce:

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
Replace it Shane. Don't bodge your shiny new setup :shakehead:

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, will do... Lol.. Where do i get one from??? lol...

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
where did you get the studs from?

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
bugger!!! i need some as i snapped a bolt :( need to get some washer's as the nuts started to bend the stud on mine too

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is your screamer the same then, Holes abit too big on tubby side??

Things is if i get another stud it may do it again.. :dunno:

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
yes mate, but i would rather they be that way than too small, it helps you get it fitted right so that the wastegate penny does not foul

·
Space Filler
3,218 Posts
Did your turbo originally have a backplate on there with a single exhaust aperture on it? The one I got form Conceptua did and I got a custom elbow included with it, but I got to wondering if the seperate dump pipe setup, like you have there would be a better option. Just wasn't sure if it was do-able with this specific turbo, but seeing that pic got me thinking it might. Can you recall if it was the exact same one we bought?

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I bought the turbo only, sounds like you got the kit.. Do you still have linky link?!

·
Space Filler
3,218 Posts
Nah, was over 90 days so can't get to it now on ebay. Took the turbo out the box to have a look and the back section does unbolt, but the actuator arms goes into it, so I don't think it's possible. I think you got the turbo that was one better than what I have.

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
is your a rebuilt garret one they sell or the cheap xspower looking one?

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mine??

Mine is a standard gtst turbo that has had the housing machined to allow some bigger garret internals. Great quality.....
I assume Marks is the same??? Definately not xspower... We are not that stupid.... :) lol

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
ok just asking, as the one's with the custom exhaust housing didnt look like standard ones rebuilt to me when i had a look at them.

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
ooooooooo nice :) was that the cheaper one they do or the 450bhp one?

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
450bhp.. Absolute bargain..... You should see the other side :) Its huge!!!

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Pic of other side before putting screamer on..... Sure is gonna scream loud, lol... :D

1 - 20 of 40 Posts