Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
1 of 225. 11th April 2010
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
finally got the parts through and on my car, after i bounced him off a curb. had to change the front and rear stearing arm, and front and rear lower wishbone/suspension arms. just need to get the tracking done, and i'm back in business.
took him out for a little test drive, and managed to get a straight drift down the road in 2nd doing about 20, which is a stark reminder to me of how powerful the car is and how dangerous the semi/wet roads can be
think though i'm gonna wait abit longer, to make sure all this snow has gone before i get driving him again, got more snow coming over the next couple of days apparently?!

Lewis

·
Registered
345 Posts
Slow drifts are fun, its the unavoidable ones that catch you out at 80 in the outside lane of the m27 that scare you LOL :) ! You forget how much fun they are when you dont drive them for a couple of weeks!

·
is now very happy with 400+ BHP
2,903 Posts
Slow drifts are fun, its the unavoidable ones that catch you out at 80 in the outside lane of the m27 that scare you LOL :) ! You forget how much fun they are when you dont drive them for a couple of weeks!
Here here mate.
I was off work for 6 weeks with with badly damaged ribs.
Because i was on the sick with a doctors note,i never drove the car at all.
So it was a great feeling to get back behind the wheel again after i was signed off.
You forget how much power they do have,and how effortlessly they use it. :bigthumb:

·
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
for the last 4 years i've been in my front wheel drive calibra, so twice the power and a rear wheel drive is scary stuff to begin with.
and i nearly crapped myself on that slow drift as there was a parked car each side of the road, and i dont know how to control drifts yet!

·
2,903 Posts
Mate i had a heavily modified 16v Calibra 4x4 non turbo before i went Jap.
It was running about 200 bhp and i loved it.
Then i went Jap with an Impreza WRX,then a WRX STi LTD.ED.
Then i bought my 3rd Jap car which is my R34 GTT.
The way the Skyline flawlessly uses its power so effortlessly never ceases to amaze me.
I find it so much smoother than the Subaru ever was,
and the repair bills are considerably less and its cheaper to run too!!!

·
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i still love my calibra, and i'm a little bit scared to get back in the skyline now, but i gotta do it, get used to the wet road driving, and its amazing how some of the guys on here have got 3 times the power than i have in their cars. that is scary fast!

·
2,903 Posts
Get a pic up of your Calibra lewie i still have a soft spot for them mate.
I had mine for 5 years,how long have you had yours bud,
and what have you got done to it please?

·
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
not a massive amount done to the calibra, 17inch 7 spokes, lowered, twin exit exhaust, and induction kit, purple neons then lots of speakers. my boot install is very pretty :)
i'll get some photos up soon.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.